New startup in Europe Swedlent

I would like to point the interested in the direction of a new startup alternative to Soylent and other European alternatives.

https://swedlent.com
Swedlent comes from 1800kcal to 4000+
is based on rice, containing non of the common allergens like Gluten, wheat, lactose and it’s entirely Vegan.
We also are proud to be one of the only to offer customizable orders.

We will ship internationally to anyone interested.

I think RL should partner up with one or more European firms and let them sell Soylent.

well it’s always good with some competition

Your website does everything but inspire confidence in your product. Especially since you lifted some of your copy directly from Nano:

Nano website:

Konjac mannan comes from the root of the Konjac plant. This fiber has many health benefits. It gives Nano its nice consistency, and it’s a vegetable source of fiber. It has been scientifically proven that by taking 3 Nano meals per day with sufficient water, this fiber helps reduce bad cholesterol and maintain a healthy weight. (EFSA health claim: ID 854, 1556, 3725, 3100, 3217)

Swedlent website:

Konjac mannan comes from the root of the Konjac plant. This fiber has many health benefits. It gives Nano its nice consistency, and it’s a vegetable source of fiber.

Interesting that the Swedlent website is advertising Nano! I guess you forgot to replace “Nano” with “Swedlent.”

Nano website:

Inulin is a fiber sourced from the sugar beet. This fiber keeps our intestines active, which is essential in liquid foods like Nano. The inulin content of Nano 2.0 has been reduced compared to Nano 1 and Nano 1.2.

Swedlent website:

Inulin is a soluble fiber sourced from the sugar beet. This fiber keeps our intestines active, which is essential in liquid food like Swedlent

Kinda scummy, right?

well some typos and mistakes do occasionally slip.

It’s not a typo to press “copy” on your competitor’s website and “paste” on yours.

it’s a mistake missing to fix placeholder text

Super-scummy. I would not deal with a company that makes such “mistakes” because it is impossible to tell what is real and what is imitation.

I have been with this community almost since it started, and I’m willing to answer any question. This was just an honest mistake on my side for missing to fix the text. we are only a small team at the moment

Plagiarism is never “an honest mistake.”

well it’s an honest mistake as the text was only supposed to be a placeholder and altered before the launch.

Well this company slammed into the ground fast.
Try again next time.
Some kind advice, don’t announce until you’re ready. :wink:

Lol why is everyone here just completely dismissing them because their site is ripped from Nano? Site designers ≠ product designers. Yeah, it’s plagiarism, but the product might still be good.

Actually, I had assumed they were a one-man operation. It looks like they actually have at least two employees. From peeking in the source code, it looks like the website design is a WordPress template, which means they didn’t hire a site designer. If they had, the proper response would have been to fire the designer and remove the offending text, not launch the website anyway. Either way, the people in charge are responsible.

Amazingly, our poor opinions of the company don’t prevent anyone else from trying their product. I look forward to your review. Personally, I wouldn’t try Swedlent if I was offered a free sample, but I have access to real Soylent here in the US. There are less shady alternatives in Europe as well.

I wouldn’t say no to a free sample to be honest. I would agree that it was pretty shady with that “error” :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually we are mostly a one man operation as i am the one responsible for the site,product development, production and communication. And my partner with other operations that i can’t handle with the limited time of the day.

And yes i am responsible for the text that was not supposed to be precent. was missed because of a site restore i performed. hopefully the less the stellar start wont stop our genuine interest to offer something better.

well i am the one who designed the product and website. And yes it was unintended plagiarism as it was filler text for what i would put their before launch.

And later on we when we have the ability we will gladly offer free samples to show that we mean business with our product.

I don’t hate them.
I wouldn’t mind trying them (if ever available in the US), once they get their stuff together, set up properly, and check their sites first to avoid this mistake again.