This site is a personal project that I started so that the Soylent community could come to a place that would allow ingredient and recipe collaboration. This site allows you to share nutritional information with like-minded individuals. The layout of this site is quite different from the other recipe sites that I have seen, and I feel that it is better optimized for a desktop screen. Spreadsheets are nice, but they are not optimal for keeping track of your nutrients due to the excessive scrolling that is required. In addition, this layout allows us to display more nutrition data than other sites that I have seen, including non-essentials that are potentially beneficial.
The site is currently in release 1.0 or perhaps 0.99. I’ve tested it and it seems to work well, but if you find any bugs, please let me know. I have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks on this application, and it’s eaten up almost all of my free time. I think it’s finally “done enough” to release into the wild. Sign up, and try it out!
- Search for Ingredients
- Create/Modify Ingredients (Tied to the user who creates them)
- Create/Modify Recipes (Tied to the user who creates them)
- Cloning Recipes for Customization
- Recipes can be public or private (great for testing!)
- Nutritional Goals for Men and Women 19-50, 70kg and 100kg, 2000 Calories. Men have 2500 Calorie profiles as well
- Upper Limits for Nutrients
- Pre-populated with 8000+ Real Food Nutrition Values
- Cost Totaling
Future (probably soon) Goals:
- Advanced Ingredient Search (soon)
- More Nutrient Profiles!
- Recipe Search (Possibly with Users/Ingredients) (future)
- Recipe/Ingredient Comment System (future)
- Recommendations from users!