Nominating Rob for the TED Prize

I’ve just nominated Rob for the TED prize, anyone else want to help?
http://www.ted.com/pages/prize_nominate

For someone unfamiliar with all that, how would “helping” work?

This is a good idea, but shouldn’t we wait until Soylent has a proven track record? So far it’s Rob plus a handful of hobbyists.

TED is actually very interested in ideas, many of them are very far fetched and not in any kind of practice today. I for one think it would be a great way to get some more interest in Soylent. Fantastic idea @XandraRose!

[quote=“ruipacheco, post:3, topic:2841, full:true”]
This is a good idea, but shouldn’t we wait until Soylent has a proven track record? So far it’s Rob plus a handful of hobbyists.
[/quote]

That’s what TED is for, IMO…

Apologies, it was a quick post without much thought put into whether or not folks would even know what it was I was talking about!

So, as sharkerty and mwdoher have noted, TED is particularly interested in ideas that could change the world. The link I posted up there is for the TED prize, which is specifically to grant a recipient a chunk of money and a deadline to “make a wish that will change the world”. I nominated Rob because I am very interested in the fact that he’s said more than once that part of his mission with Soylent is to begin tackling world hunger … which is something I think could change the world. Even getting folks to start thinking differently about food and science could make change in the world too.

I hope that explains some! :slight_smile:

Edit to add: Oh! Also, I don’t think it’s popularity contest per se, but I suspect that more than one person nominating the same individual might help send the message “hey, you should really check this guy out!”.