Non-powder distribution?

I love the idea of soylent. The only problem is that I am not crazy about powder shakes. They are a pain to mix, and the powder never gets fully mixed in. There is always chunks.

What about distributing soylent as a premixed liquid? Sort of like how ensure is sold? Even better, if it could be sold by the 5 gallon jug.

Horrible shell life, horribly expensive to ship. Also would require much more storage space than unmixed Soylent.

@Beast speaks true about this.

I’ve had a great deal of success with my home version and a blender. I’d say 95%+ of the time I have a completely mixed liquid without chunks in it throughout the day. I’m not sure if it’s something other shakes don’t have or just because most of the time I don’t result to a blender, but I know what you’re talking about and have not had issues with it.

The latest version of beta soylent mixes easily in about 30-60 second of shaking. No blender or mixer. No left over clumps.

@ScarletEmerald sent me this recipe for non-shake soylent based on the Bachelor Chow formula:

“What I do is, mix 3 parts Bachelor Chow with 1 part water to make a dough. Then spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for ~20 min. It makes it into sort of a cookie that can be eaten.”

I’m eager to give it a shot!

Although I’m not sure how that affects the nutritional content…