Nutrient Profile

Hi All,

Using the tool provided here ( https://diy.soylent.com/nutrient-profiles/calculator/ ) i found out my profile should be 50/25/25 ( this is called a macro i think ). Soylent 1.5 has a profile of 45/40/15.

How can i conciliate the two? What does it mean? do i need to do some specific thing to the soylent i will be getting?

I believe that tool is intended for people making “DIY” (do-it-yourself) soylent — making their own, instead of ordering official Soylent.

However there are people on the forums who add various things to official Soylent, I’m sure they’ll chime in.

For reference (since you said “I think”):
“Macro” is just short for the word macronutrient. “Macro” means large and macronutrients are needed in comparatively large amounts. There are three macronutrients: protein, fat, and carbohydrates. (Some people claim that water is a macronutrient as well, but that is not universally agreed upon.)
There are a lot of things that can be classified as protein, fat, or carbs, some better than others in terms of human consumption.

As far as adjustments to your formula, I will leave that for others to answer.

The Macro Ratios is adjustable. You can choose different goals from the pull down, or drag the sliders.

The 50/25/25 is just a default starting point. The calculator isn’t suggesting 50/25/25. The calculator is asking you to enter the values that you care about (with the pull down options in case you don’t know your preference).

That is a generic recommendation for making your own Soylent. You don’t need to modify the Soylent you bought online. Just add water and drink.