Hi Everyone, I’m looking for a little knowledge and guidance. I’ll share a little history about myself first. I’ve struggled with weight issues my entire life, I’ve always been overweight and struggled to lose it no matter what I’ve tried. I’m definitely not morbidly obese but definitely obese especially according to the doctors. However, my Dr. and I have determined my situation is a little unique, as my weight actually stems from NOT eating and what little I do eat is unhealthy so my body holds onto all the food it can because it thinks I’m starving.
So over the last several years my concerns along with my Dr.'s concerns have been attempting to avoid the health risks that come from being overweight, diabetes, heart attack and I already experience chronic pain because (my bones can no longer withstand the pressure of my weight).
- My biggest hurdles have been the following:
- Picky eater (also bored with my options)
- Not a big fan of cooking and the clean up
- Lack any real cooking knowledge (except the basics)
- Expense and waste of food
- Time Constraints (Work 60-70 hrs a week)
- Lack of Exercise (Due to Chronic Pain)
Recently, I was hospitalized for the 2nd time in 5 yrs for pancreatitis and I’ve been doing some research about it now and everything I’ve read seems to indicate that I need a High Carb, Low or No Fat diet. I’ve lost 12 lbs in 9 days (good or bad…not really sure)because I am currently only able to tolerate broth, jello, water and hard boiled eggs.
I am now feeling very overwhelmed by the urgency of figuring this out along with entire full blown lifestyle change that this could potentially create. So when I happen to find Soylent I was thinking this could possibly be the answer to a lot of my problems, since I hate cooking, am bored with my limited unhealthy choices, and the ease of grabbing a bottle as I’m running out the door.
So if anyone could possibly provide a little guidance with the following questions it would be really appreciated.
- Will Soylent provide me with the nutrition I need to survive long term?
- Will I lose excess weight and still be healthy?
- Does Soylent taste bad? If so, any easy ideas to make it better?
- Which is better the pre-made bottles or the powder?
- Does Soylent affect muscle mass (as I’m already struggling with this)
Thank you in advance for your advice!