Official subscription customer feedback

You do understand that this graph means literally nothing without units on the vertical axis, right?
I mean, the top of the graph could be a million unanswered e-mails, and the bottom could be 999,000 unanswered e-mails, for all we know.

Please save your staff some time and just tell us when you are really actually serious going to start shipping the August orders.

[quote=“A_Scientist, post:81, topic:19282, full:true”]
You do understand that this graph means literally nothing without units on the vertical axis, right?[/quote]

A like doesn’t do my response justice.

Bravo! I say, Bravo!

FWIW: My latest subscription shipment (four weeks worth) should be arriving today, according to FedEx.

y-axis begins at 0. Ends at “thousands”.

That makes the graph more informative, thanks.

Here’s a new one… My shipment is too fast! I just received my one-month subscription a week ago today, today I got a new shipment email for my next month. Haven’t checked my credit card to see if I’ve been charged, but I assume I have been if a shipment has been created. I’ve emailed info@soylent.me, but with the standard 5-day response time, that’d be too late to put a hold on the shipment.

@soylent Very disappointed in the service from Connor Parker, one of your reps. I was supposed to receive my order or soylent last week. However look at the tracking info: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=995365618277183. Fedex has printed the label but not received the soylent pacakge from you guys. (I called Fedex and they verified this is the situation).

Your rep apparently looked at the tracking info but not at the actual progress of the package which as you can easily by clicking the link hasn’t even been sent yet. This is an example of someone simply answering problems as fast as they can without actually taking time to at the least, solve the problem, or at best, make the customer’s problems their own. Where did you get this guy? When you’re hiring are you just taking whoever replies to the CL ad? Pulling people off the streets?

This is my third time ordering soylent and the second time ordering as part of a subscription. What the fuck is going on guys. Why can’t you get the order to the fedex? Your customer service sucks and your shipping sucks and this particular rep is an idiot. There I said it. Before everyone tells me to cool down, let me say I have put in about $700 or so in soylent so far and going forward it will probably be thousands because the soylent itself is so fantastic.

This is the big problem with soylent. Rob Reinhart had a great idea. Great. But he hired a bunch of other 20-somethings as part of his original team. I shouldn’t be mad, I am 22. But you can’t build a new company with kids. Maybe an internet company but not one with an actual product. You have to have people who know what they’re doing. Also it took soylent forever to take on debt in order to expand quickly enough. They finally did it and are finally going to get caught up. But seriously Rob, hire an experienced business manager. I’m sure there are people from radioshack who handled product fulfillment and complex delivery systems that are looking for a job right now. Get your act together.

You guys suck so much. I want the soylent that I paid for. If there is ever even a decent competitor I am going with them.

I have been singing soylent’s praises to my friends ever since i’ve had it. But here I am, an early adopter and a big fan of the product and you have managed to piss even me off. I cannot explain to you how frustrated i am and how many expletives i want to call you guys right now. I have never been this angry at a company before.

Now I am going to go make breakfast and get mad again. Why? Because it is going to take me at least 30 minutes to make, eat, and clean up an unfulfilling breakfast, followed by the same thing for lunch and dinner. I’ll repeat this process for probably two weeks before my damn soylent gets here. I want to strangle somebody.

What you need to do is have one of your people take the box to fedex today and overnight it to my address.

In summary, you suck, i hate you, and get me my fucking soylent.

Customer service reps don’t run the company or manufacture Soylent, you may be interested to learn. Mostly, they dispense information that has been given to them. So you are trying to have the messenger fired, in short.

The Soylent I received last week followed the same pattern yours appears to be following. I got notice that a ticket had been printed on Friday, and nothing happened right away. I could see that Fedex was doing nothing and had no product to send me. I agonized over the weekend. Nothing happened on Monday either, except at about 1:30 a.m., something I didn’t understand was printed in the tracking information.

On Tuesday, I had my 4 weeks of Soylent.

Good luck.

Don’t get mad… It’s not healthy. This is really unfortunate. For some time now we’ve all been waiting for more customer service reps to come online and address the information black-out… When they finally show up we attack them for sub optimal performance? If we can wait 6+ months for the initial product perhaps we can give the new hires a few days to learn the ropes…

Why a shipping label would be printed and then the package never picked up is just as much a mystery as the lost orders and other mix ups we’ve witnessed with moderate distress. In my case the label was printed around 4pm then Fedex picked it up next day around noon. Why all order fulfillment isn’t this straightforward I don’t know. I only hope the new hires can address this quickly. And to that end, constructive feedback on particular reps I’m sure would help the company (and all of us) moreso than a public shaming.

[quote=“GregH, post:89, topic:19282”]
Why a shipping label would be printed and then the package never picked up is just as much a mystery as the lost orders and other mix ups we’ve witnessed with moderate distress. In my case the label was printed around 4pm then Fedex picked it up next day around noon. Why all order fulfillment isn’t this straightforward I don’t know. I only hope the new hires can address this quickly. And to that end, constructive feedback on particular reps I’m sure would help the company (and all of us) moreso than a public shaming.[/quote]
Having done a lot of preparing batches for shipment (scientific testing samples not Soylent) I might be able to answer this. When I generate the label/waybill this is an electronic action. It doesn’t even require that I send the label to an actual printer, that’s a second step if you’re sending off 150 packages. But this initial transaction initiates both the electronic tracker and (incidentally) is the invoice date. In my job, I would have Accounts Payable on my case about an unpaid invoice before the packages left the shop.

Depending on where the first process happens, there may be a delay between the actual printing, the sending of the waybills to the packers and then the packers matching the waybill with the order and affixing it to the correct package and sending it on to the loading dock to await the Fedex truck.

At each of these stages it is possible to lose things. I never did but I could see how it could:

(a) You have to watch the system like a hawk to make sure that actual waybills are generated for each customer. Some customers have differences in their addresses that require a second pass for a signature thing (I never figure this out because all my recipients were hospitals). If you blindly print the waybills some will be missing.

(b) You have to make sure you pick all your waybills off the printer. I sometimes had problems with this because well-intentioned folks would take stuff off the printer as they were reaching for their jobs. But with the appropriate threats I managed to always get my waybills (there was a second check that made sure that each package of customized reporting forms was matched with a waybill).

© In cases where the packages aren’t really customized (like Soylent) you have to make sure that somebody in a hurry doesn’t put two waybills in the same labelope. Or a waybill can drop on the floor never to be seen again.

(d) All the packages (each and every one) has to make it to the loading dock and be scanned and loaded by the Fedex guy.

You pass all those hurdles and get a “Picked up by request” line on your electronic tracking page and now you can blame all forthcoming issues on Fedex and not Rosa Labs. And those issues are more diverse than anything I described above.

Eve
(and I agree that public shaming of individual employees by name is disgraceful)

Email from soylent

FWIW, the 15% discount is automatic for subscribers.

FWIW, I am a subscriber and my February bill has already been collected. When I contacted the company, they told me I was not eligible for a reason I didn’t fully understand. What year do you think I will get this discount?

You’re eligible if you had a subscription shipment that’s supposed to come in January, but was delayed.

If your subscription wasn’t delayed, you don’t get a discount.

Thanks @ravenvii. I checked, though, and have been charged the full amount each month. I’ll have to ask Soylent about it, I guess.

Well that’s the part I don’t understand. As a subscriber, shouldn’t I be getting a new shipment every 28 days? I have never had to wait for less than a week between subscription deliveries. Isn’t that by definition a significant delay? So why wouldn’t I be eligible for the discount?

Was your shipment supposed to come in in the end of January/beginning of February, but didn’t because it was delayed?

If it was, then you should be eligible.

I got a shipment on January 2. 28 days later is Jan. 30, which is when I should expect the next delivery, right? But the money for the next shipment wasn’t even taken till Feb. 5. The delivery was later, of course. Isn’t that a delay? I am still confused about what I should expect.

Are you really complaining about it being 5 days late?

I mean, to be fair, 5 days is long enough to have to buy a week’s worth of groceries, though obviously others have had to wait longer

A delay in this instance means a longer period of time than the estimate given (1-2 weeks). Any shipments received within two weeks of the charge doubt would not be eligible, because it was within the promised time frame.

Hopefully that’s a more helpful explanation than they gave you.