Oops I didn’t see this until just now! I sent updates through kickstarter but I don’t know if people saw them.
I had some serious back problems flare up late in December, that had me totally out of commission for a week or so. Then just when I was starting to recover… I overdid it and threw myself into a tailspin. Almost the entire rest of January was spent hobbling around like I was 100, and spending tons and tons of time in bed and on ice. I finally just in the last couple days have been feeling like myself again, which of course means I’m prone to overdoing it again! So I’m still being very slow and careful about how I move, what I do, etc. But it does mean that, once we have more than 1 bag of Soylent to our names (eek!) I will be up to standing long enough to finally bake the brownies.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just going to have to make a bunch of small batches, rather than just one or two larger batches. I don’t know why, but every time I try to scale up a batch to a full bag of Soylent, it just doesn’t come out right. I can’t explain it, but it’s happened several times now. Very annoying. But small (1 cup of Soylent) batches seem to come out quite well. Go figure.
Anyway, hopefully we get our next 28 bag delivery in a week or two, and I can get these out to everyone at last. The delay has been most annoying, though my desire for a brownie baking education has definitely been fulfilled!