Oil in Soylent, problems to human health?

My concern is about the use of vegetable oil in Soylent.
My body tends to accept animal fat rather well, but not isolated vegetable oils.
Inflammation/pink patches occur on my body on face, chest, or groin areas, which correlates with my consumption of vegetable oils. So, I rarely consume them, and minimally at that.
You can read about issues with problems with human health related to the consumption of isolated vegetable oils such as added to foods or however.

I find this an interesting subject. There is not enough information available about fats to make a solid case about issues like saturated/unsaturated fat, vegetable/animal fat, etc. However, I personally belief animal fat is an important part of a varied diet. I myself am doing keto, so I might be a bit biased in this respect, but if so then my bias comes from thrustworthy sources.

The good news for you, @ScottLYF, is that the oil of Soylent is supplied seperately. This way, you could easily replace the canola oil with any other source of fat. When doing this, keep in mind that the human body needs different kinds of fat, so please do some research of your own.

If you could link to some information about the issue you experience, I would be grateful.

Rick has a good idea here. But, be sure to read the Soylent blog here: http://blog.soylent.me/post/69835344439/soylent-micronutrient-breakdown

It details what micronutrients come from the oils, and you would need to replace those from your own oil sources.

for some reason i thought the latest version of soylent had algae oil in it which is definitely not vegetable oil. algae is more of a plant bacteria hybrid. as far as my experience with olive vegetable oil in my first batch of DIY soylent. I had to throw it out and remake it without oil because my first batch induced vomitting within the first three gulps. my body wasn’t having it. without the oil, my body quite enjoys it. so the hunt begins for an appropriate oil.

1.2 and later does indeed contain algal oil, but it’s still a blend with canola.

Perhaps you could try with the official Soylent oil blend first to see if you get your symptoms… If you do, then simply don’t add it again… I read about someone else with same problem before. Unless you never eat any plants, you always get some vegatable oil, so if the oil is the problem, it is the amount.

Just for the sake of discussion…what would an appropriate animal source of oil/fat be for soylent (by appropriate i mean help soylent achieve the right nutrient amount like the current blend does).

Lard or tallow/fish oil blend? Or Lard or tallow/ghee blend? (the ghee from cow milk not the partially hydrogenated veg ghee that is loaded with transfat) or Butter/ghee blend? Percentages need to be adjusted ofcourse.

Any others?

I would say heavy cream from the flavor standpoint alone. Supplement with fish oil pills.

Canola oil provides essential omega-6 fatty acids (along with the omega-3 ALA) that heavy cream would not provide. It’s not enough to just eat fats, you need to eat enough of the right types of fats.

I didnt include fish oil cuz it seems to play a role in the excess gas of 1.1 and 1.0.