Package Soylent in dissolvable pouches

Having been a Soylent-teer now for a few weeks, I’ve noticed that there’s still more packaging than I’d like. I propose that Soylent be delivered in pouches made of Vivos® Film instead of the white bags and oil botles.

http://www.vivosfilm.com/instant-food-and-beverage.html

Basically, it’s edible plastic that dissolves in water.

By packaging the oil in a pouch, within a larger pouch of powder Soylent, you have a burrito-sized daily serving. Just drop the thing in the pitcher and add water as usual. This cuts down on volume too, which is important in terms of shipping.

Caveats

• this assumes you want to make a full day at a time.
  • this assumes that you use the oil.
  • the Vivos film pouches by their nature are more susceptible to moister.

Suggestions on v1.4 in here, por favor

I would worry about the oxygen permeability of the material. As unecofriendly as the current packaging is it has a shelf life of 2 years ( I believe ).

I wonder if there is a biodegradable solution that would work. The tree huggers among us could throw the packaging in the compost heap and everyone else could throw them in the trash.

How could this be made sanitary? Do they have a solution in place? Possible contamination would concern me, with the current/standard type of packaging the product is protected from the environment and kept clean, but if you consume the bag you are consuming everything that has stuck to the bag along the way. After going through everything from the manufacturing plant, through shipping and possibly months or more of storage, and everything else between there are a lot of things that could hitch a ride.

Bio-degradable pouches would be something to look into

I don’t mind the idea - but only as an option. I know a few folks who would like to keep a certain amount of Soylent on hand (in storage) for longer terms. I’m also skeptical as to the long-term health effects of consuming such a product multiple times a day. I don’t even know what exactly is in it.

I agree with @muggle, compostable pouches would be best–but practically, it would depend on how they’d affect the shelf life.