Pancakes and a Fizzy Drink

Here’s my latest recipe. It basically separates a slightly modified People Chow into two subgroups: Pancakes and a fizzy drink to go with it. I’m not sure why the drink fizzes when you shake it with water, but it does.

http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/pancakes-and-fizz

Interesting.
I’ve been enjoying my soylent occasionally as pancakes too. How do you find the texture? When I added baking soda, it made it fluffier, whereas before it was more like crepes - thin and a little chewy.

I literally made one of the best pancakes I’ve ever tasted out of my Soylent a couple of days ago. My daughter thought it was incredible, too. I added a little baking soda and some real vanilla extract to my Soylent. I poured a thin mixture into a non-stick pan with hot vegatable oil to make a 5-inch pancake. Slightly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. It was easily equal to the best regular pancake and certainly the most nutritionally complete pancake I’ve ever had.

is there any concern that cooking some of the ingredients might change the nutrient profile?

Vitamin Loss Due to Heating and DIY Soylent

The only ingredients cooked don’t seem to lose their nutrient profile- masa, water, oil.

how do you get pancakes from masa, oil and water? Aren’t those called “tortillas”?

Maybe it’s the amount of water that makes it come out thicker. I bet if I made them more watery they’d resemble tortillas.

do they resemble the “fluffiness” of pancakes?

They’re pretty dense. I think it’s the amount of oil in them. They are quite oily. They taste great, though. (I upped the salt and added some sugar, so duh!)