Plasma and chlorophyll

Plasma and chlorophyll are the two largest components in human blood, and from what I understand thinks like fresh greens and sprouted seeds are ideal for replenishing them. How does Soylent meet these goals?

I’m… pretty sure chlorophyll is not a major component of human blood. There is hemoglobin, which shares many similarities with chlorophyll – and some research suggests that chlorophyll may be able to help to some degree with blood containing problems with hemoglobin… is this the sort of thing you’re referring to?

That could be, or perhaps I was thinking of proteinogenic amino acids, not blood. I learned once that these amino acids are the building blocks of protein, perhaps that plasma and chlorophyll are like the building blocks of these aminos. That’s an excellent article on chlorophyll, thanks!

This was a long time ago, so perhaps I have misremembered certain details. But I think that the main issue I am wondering about is how we can gain long-term sustenance from something that’s basically inert. I have always operated under the paradigm that for human health to be optimal, that we must include some living enzymes in our diet. I have learned that certain grasses and sprouts are an ideal source of plasma and chlorophyll, and that freshness is required for optimum quality. How can what seems to be a “dead” liquid satisfy or hopefully optimize these mechanisms?

[quote=“LocalYokel, post:3, topic:5409, full:true”]How can what seems to be a “dead” liquid satisfy or hopefully optimize these mechanisms?
[/quote]
Bear in mind that everything (bacteria excepted) which is not dead when it enters the system, soon becomes dead. We have some pretty strong and concentrated acids in our systems, as well as a whole bunch of enzymes which are specifically optimised for breaking everything down.

Yeah chlorophyll occurs exclusively in plants, human bodies can’t make it. I wouldn’t have thought ingesting actual chlorophyll would have any benefits to human health but that page had a lot of citations (thank god) so I’ll take it at face value. My Soylent doesn’t contain any greens so I don’t think I need to worry about it.

Anyway, so far as I’m aware all the enzymes required for human health are already in our bodies, you don’t have to eat enzymes. What the body needs is macro and micro nutrients in the right amounts. Macro being carbs, proteins and fats and micros being all the vitamins and minerals you can think of.
DIY Soylent is made pretty much entirely from regular food, we’re just choosy about which foods to include so we can get the best mixture that does everything we want.
The Official Soylent made by Rob Rhinehart is being made from a lot of chemist grade materials I believe, so he’s got all the individual vitamins and nutrients and can add them in much more specific quantities than we can.
Rob has been living on an almost exclusive diet of his Soyent for about 3 months now and he says he’s in the best shape he’s ever been in. You can check out his blog where he documented his experience with Soylent. If you’re in the US you can preorder some for December if you’re interested, god knows I would if I could xD