Pledge site prompting for username and password

Today’s payday, so I was trying to put in a pledge (much as I didn’t want to use my card, I want in on Soylent. :smile: ). I choose the 65$ level and go on to the page where I would put in my info, and get a popup

"A username and password are being requested by https://api.crowdtilt.com. The site says "crowdtilt"". 

If I cancel the popup, it stays on the page to put in my card and such, but I don’t want to put it in without knowing where it’s going there. Help?

I have come across sites such as NewEgg that will redirect to a secondary page with a Password or Username/Password authentication for specific cards. Specifically, mine is a Wells Fargo card that I use in Credit mode (Visa). I would imagine that this is the same kind of authentication method, but can not confirm it. I placed my pledge with the other card that does not use this additional level of authentication. Hopefully someone else has some more information to shed some light on this.

CrowdTilt does appear to be the company/system handling the crowd funding for Soylent though, so things would appear legit to me.

I know from the Verified by Visa (one of the type of thing you’re talking about) but this comes up as soon as I click on the ‘go to payment info’ button, locking the whole page up until I do something with the login. It looks more like a domain login, or the type of thing you’d see going to a router setup page than VbV.

I don’t want to put info in not because it seems not legit, but more because I don’t know where it’ll end up dumping it without the login it wanted, and don’t want to miss out.

(edited to add missing ‘not’. :P)

Hmm, not sure about this – let me consult with the Crowdtilt team and I’ll be in touch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

No worries. Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:

Heard back from the Crowdtilt guys, they’ve never seen it in Firefox 20, only IE7 and below. But a known bug & if you’re on an updated browser you shouldn’t run into it.

I’m on Firefox 21.0, which it claims is the newest release version available. It updates itself automatically when there’s a new one.(checks site just in case; it is the same…) I have IE8 which doesn’t give the same error, but is an older version, of course. (“IE, used mainly for downloading a better browser”. :P) I’ll try it through that, then.