Poll: November 2015

Monthly poll for November.

If you have any feedback about or comments on these questions, feel free to express yourself below. Also, if you have any ideas for future questions, please list them below.

Do you regularly consume Soylent while working?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you prefer powdered (1.0-1.5) or liquid (2.0) Soylent?

• Powdered (1.0-1.5)
  • Liquid (2.0)
  • No preference

0 voters

Given the choice, which option would you prefer for liquid Soylent? (choose your top choice)

• Current option (plastic bottles)
  • Pouches with liquid concentrate
  • Aluminum cans
  • Aluminum bottles
  • Larger plastic bottles than current size
  • 2 liter jugs
  • Tetra Pak (juice box/milk carton type material)

0 voters

Given the choice, which option would you prefer for liquid Soylent? (choose up to 3 choices)

• Current option (plastic bottles)
  • Pouches with liquid concentrate
  • Aluminum cans
  • Aluminum bottles
  • Larger plastic bottles than current size
  • 2 liter jugs
  • Tetra Pak (juice box/milk carton type material)

0 voters

Soylent 2.0 Packaging

For those interested, here are the past results from:
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015

Being retired, I couldn’t say I consume Soylent when working.

There was no “Other” or “None of the above” option for the packaging questions.

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately it won’t allow me to edit the poll after it is started, but I will keep it in mind for future ones.

I like viewing the differences in the results on 3 and 4.

Is there any way to change our choice after we have voted? I didnt notice the tetrapak option and i clicked on the 2 litre jug one in the third poll. Tetrapak would be my first choice.

Yes, you can change your vote. Click the new option you wish to vote for and click “Vote Now”.

…or if you see just the results, click “Hide Results”, then change your vote and click “Vote Now”.

In the last poll, what do the percentages represent? I can’t figure out how to compare it to the top choice poll…

“total votes for”, I imagine.

Yes, that is correct, I believe. “Current option” is at 86% right now, which means 86% of voters included that choice in their top 3. (the same with all choices) They don’t add up to 100% and are harder to discern, which is why I generally avoid multiple choice polls. However, Tark had requested it, and now that it is in there, I find the comparison between what people put as their top choice to what they include in their top 3 pretty interesting.

Yes, I find it actually most helpful, as when you are forced to choose only 1, there is often little to no difference in importance (to the chooser) between some choices.

If a lot of folks like the first 2 choices listed equally, but they can only pick 1, the first choice in the list would likely show as a big favourite. That’s not fair!

True. Just to play devil’s advocate though, it also may be the case that some people feel intimidated into choosing options that they do not care about when there are multiple choices and they really only like one. Also, there are a noticeable-ly less amount of voters for the last option than the next to last option, making it possible that people in general might not like/understand/feel comfortable with/etc. multiple choice options vs. single options. In the end, it is likely very much based on individual scenarios and individual questions as to which option is more effective.

That’s too much thinking. I was just hammering away at some buttons.

Love the plastic bottles currently being used for 2.0, but would love to know how many other people would prefer a different way to seal the bottles. I hate having to fiddle with the perforated plastic seal, and would love something along the lines of the way 2-liter soda bottles or screw-top milk gallons seal.

I dislike the intended way of opening it, with the little perforated tabs. It’s easier for me to twist off the entire cap, seal and all.