Post Operation Diet

Hello everyone, I’m new here.
In a little more than two weeks I will be having jaw surgery. I’ll be on a liquid/very soft food diet for 4-6wks.
I thought about Soylent since it can give me the nutrition I need to keep my energy up. I plan on drinking it 1-2 times a day.

What should I expect, and how does it normally taste? Also, any add in recipes would be great!

Most people say chilled Soylent is pretty bland, but some people (a minority, I think) absolutely hate it. I like dutch process cocoa powder (baking cocoa powder works too) and optionally a sweetener (I use a tiny bit of sucralose). Peanut butter (or peanut flour/PB2) are common additions as well. Many more ideas here: Official Flavoring 1.5 Thread.

taste like oatmeal/pancake with a little sugar. pretty mild and slightly sweet overall pleasant, and will readily accept many flavorings. it’s mostly the texture that puts off some people, paticularly unchilled when it’s a bit gritty. chilled makes it smoother, like milk. it requires a lot of shaking, or a blender. you might need to water it down a bit more then standard if your using a straw.
beyond that it’s very healthy and easy to make. drinking a glass the day or 2 before, since sudden changes in your diet can be upsetting.

Ideally, start drinking a meal or so of Soylent per day for about a week before you have to go all liquid, to make the transition easier for you. Happily for you, Soylent ships very quickly now.

Thanks everyone. I plan on drinking it once or twice a day while still incorporating soups and pastas into my diet. Pureeing food just doesn’t sound appetizing. Pureed BLT anyone?

I had all four wisdom teeth out not too long after I started with Soylent. That was some lucky timing.

I’m having arthocentesis for anterior disc displacement tmj

Good luck with it!