Potassium content in 1.5 and in 2.0?

Noticed that Soylent 2.0 lists potassium chloride in its ingredients, whereas 1.5 lists potassium gluconate. Can anyone comment on what prompted the change?

How much potassium chloride is in each bottle of 2.0?

Also, the “Soylent 1.3 changelog” Formula Updates section states “Potassium gluconate has been replaced with dipotassium phosphate.” Since 1.5 lists potassium gluconate (and not dipotassium phosphate), does that mean the formula was reverted back?

If so, how much potassium gluconate is in each bag of 1.5?

2.0 also contains potassium iodide and dipotassium phosphate, three sources of potassium if my math is correct! And yes, they did a switcheroo with the potassium sources in the powdered versions. Some people think potassium gluconate causes gas in some individuals, maybe, and were bummed when they went back to it.

Maybe they thought we just weren’t getting enough chlorine in our diets?

3430.77 mg K…

Potassium gluconate is 15.86% potassium by weight. Soylent 1.5 has 3.464g of potassium per bag. So it should have 21.838g of potassium gluconate per bag.

That is much harder to say. 2.0 has potassium chloride, dipotassium phosphate, and potassium iodide. Without more information it is impossible to say how much of each is being used in 2.0. All I can tell with the information at hand is that the sum of all the potassium content of all 3 forms combined is 700mg.

That’s only from the potassium gluconate, more will come from the plant ingredients, primarily the oat flour.

Can someone from Soylent comment, perhaps? How much potassium chloride, dipotassium phosphate, and potassium iodide is in each bottle of 2.0?

I’m curious. Why do you want to know how much of a particular from of potassium is in each container?

Also if you would like someone from RL to comment you should start by tagging @Conor

Thanks - hoping @Conor can comment.

One of the things that makes Soylent stand out as a food product and as a company is its promise toward transparent labeling. “We are committed to providing customers with what they need to make informed food decisions.”

Soylent has provided great information about its sources for protein, carbohydrates, and fat – along with clear reasons for its choices. It would be great to know, in similar vein, its sources for other minerals – particularly if the formula has changed.

You can back calculate it if you really want to know. The only ingredient that could have appreciable amounts of potassium is the soy protein isolate. Find out a typical amount of potassium, sodium, chloride in SPI, then back calculate using the sodium, potassium, and chloride content to find out how much salt, KCl, DKP, etc.

It seems to me there are too many unknowns to back calculate the amount of each potassium source – given that we don’t have enough information about the amount of other sources as well.

Would be great to get an official answer, if possible – @Conor, perhaps?

I’ll talk to our dev team and get you the most accurate answer!

Potassium in 1.5:
3470mg of Potassium comes from Potassium Gluconate
176mg comes from Whole Oat Flour
Small amounts from other ingredients for a total of 3700 mg Potassium per day.

Thanks, @Conor! Would you also be able to comment on the amounts of potassium sources for 2.0?