Preparing for Soylent: We are pretty ill people

My husband and I just ordered Schmoylent and hopefully soon after we will be receiving our Soylent. I’m not sure which we’ll stick with yet, but that’s beside the point.

My husband has ulcerative colitus, mild anxiety, and attention issues. He’s slightly overweight.

I have a connective tissue disorder that causes chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, IBS, GERD, a lot of anxiety, depression and dysthemia, and issues with executive functioning and working memory. I am obese due to my disabilities, and just found out I have something called lipedema - where basically the body refuses to lose fat.

A lot of our issues are helped by medications, but we are hoping that changing our diet will also help. We were healthy vegans for two years and that helped tremendously until we couldn’t keep it up any longer.

That’s a lot of information, but I’d like to know what to expect when we start drinking Soy/Schmoylent, especially since I am a full time college student. Brain fog and mad runs to the restroom during class won’t be fun.

Should we expect constipation or diarrhea? Does Soylent make the mind sharp, or is brain fog an issue? What about fatigue?

I’m sure others can attest to this much better than I can, but since no one has responded yet…

Soylent seems to affect everyone slightly differently. There will be a period of adjustment ranging from several days to several weeks. It is recommended that you ease into the change rather than going cold turkey 100%.

I have not been able to try actual Soylent yet; I’m using @axcho’s Justin Fuel. It’s been a really great experience so far. I started with one Justin Fuel meal a day then two and now I sometimes have 100% JF days but more than half of my days include a conventional dinner or some sort of substantial snack. This easing-in period has been over the last 2.5 weeks or so.

I hope S/soylent provides relief to you and your husband! Please keep the community here updated occasionally on how things are going.

Actually. My last batch of diy i accidentally overdid it with magnesium oxide. Crazy diarhea.

First day of schmoylent. Boom. Good to go.

Now granted my systems had lots of soylent to adjust to but, i think you’ll be fine.

Add a pinch of cinnamon too. Really accents the hint of stevia well.

Has to be the right kind of because of coumarin.

So if they should add cinnamon it should be Ceylon cinnamon :slight_smile: (personally not a fan of cinnamon, probably because it is tradition here to pour kilos of it over people who turned 25 without being married yet… Im 26 and me and my girlfriend still aren’t married :smile: )

My advice {worth what you paid} is to first ask your doctor{s} what they think…Gather all the information they give you as well as the information you get here and other places you trust and form an opinion whether it’s safe for you to start using Soylent.

If you deem it safe to begin, I believe you will see some improvements in some areas that you mentioned were concerns of yours.

• Ease into it
  • Listen to your body and see a doctor if something doesn’t seem right
  • Keep asking questions
  • Don’t expect quick miracle fixes
  • Stay positive

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome?

Can’t stress this part enough. If you expect this to be a miracle cure, it isn’t.

I can relate hard to this… Is he ADHD or just general attention problems? I’m ADHD and Soylent helps immensely with keeping my attention steady, and I’ve been experimenting with some supplements that seem to sharpen it into a focus. So if he’s like me, it will help significantly.