Projected Schedule for Regular Shipments

Waiting for my shipment of Soylent has been pretty stressful for me since I have been wanting to simplify my food habits and save money as soon as possible. I don’t have much time in my day to worry about food anymore with commuting and the regular work week.

So, I’ve also been thinking ahead past the first shipment and I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing regular shipments of Soylent in a way that regular users won’t run out of supply for more than a few days.

Have their been any general projections or discourse about how far in the future this might be? A year from now? Two years from now? Unrealistic hope for Fall of 2014?

In other words: When will the time between any orders you make stave off and become a regular shipment cycle?

Example 1: Random friend decides to buy Soylent, they order a month supply, they will get their shipment within a week or two.

Example 2: Regular user of Soylent wants to replenish his supply, orders a two month supply, they will also get their shipment within a week or two.

How about a show of good faith soylent?

They said the reason they are shipping larger orders first is so by the time they run out, they will have production running and should be able to minimize reorder delays

I know that they have to go through larger shipments before they get to smaller ones, but I guess what I’m asking is when will we get to a point where anyone can order any quantity of Soylent and it preparing/shipping from that point will only take about a week each time you reorder.

When will the time between any orders you make stave off and become a regular shipment cycle?

Example 1: Random friend decides to buy Soylent, they order a month supply, they will get their shipment within a week or two.

Example 2: Regular user of Soylent wants to replenish his supply, orders a two month supply, they will also get their shipment within a week or two.

1: We’re projecting 4 months from launch.
2: Immediately. If you have already received Soylent, it’s our highest priority that you never run out – unless of course you don’t order until the last minute! We won’t have same-day drone delivery for awhile yet :smile:

If I order today 4/13/14
Soylent Update 4/8

Awesome that’s not too bad at all. Let’s hope it all works out then, since I would love to make Soylent a daily food staple for me. Hard to do that with out a regular shipping cycle.

Thanks for making all of this possible in the first place! :smile:

Does this mean that new customers will be bumped to the back of the queue as often as it takes to fulfill orders from previous customers, with a projection that 4 months from launch such bumping will no longer be necessary?

Considering the fact that my first example includes any new person that wants to buy Soylent, I’m guessing the answer is yes.

Soylent can be considered similarly to a SaaS company (Food as a Service?). They have so much capacity, which they are always looking to grow. But until that growth is realized, new customers cannot be added. The only exception is when there is churn (people who do not re-order), in which case existing production capacity is freed up for a new purchaser. It sounds like it will take 4 months for that additional capacity to come online.