I’m looking to pull the trigger on home-made Soylent, and I was hoping to pick the minds of experienced users for some practical advice. First off, here’s the recipe I’ve come up with so far, which includes mention of rationale for my choices:
With respect to recipes, I have a couple questions:
- I’ve seen discussion around getting Omega-3s. Is there something I should be on the look-out for in order to get that (since it doesn’t seem included in ingredients or on spreadsheets that I’ve seen)?
- I’ve also seen mentioned that with respect to potassium, even the RDA can have adverse affects, and that one ought to build up to that much potassium. Could someone clarify/elaborate.
Besides the recipe, I also have a few questions with respect to actually preparing Soylent:
3) How many servings do you typically mix at once? Do you do one at a time, or do you mix, say, a week’s worth and then divide evenly it into 7 (or 14, or …) servings?
4) How do people measure these precise weights? Is there a forum-favorite scale on Amazon?
5) What water-to-mix ratio do you use? (I imagine this is probably trial-and-error according to one’s particular mix.)
6) Do you mix with water just before consumption, or do you mix ahead of time (and then, do you refridgerate)?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Looking forward to participating in the experiment.