Recipe Review Request

So i’ve finally landed on a pretty close to complete recipe and i’d love some extra eyes on it. I’m eager to start but definitely want to do the due diligence to make sure it’s safe.
My chloride is way low, but that’s because i have found no way to measure how much chloride is in the potassium chloride i’m including and google has not been really helpful.
Thanks in advance!
http://www.makesoylent.com/recipes/experiment-alpha-30yr-female

Check out WolframAlpha.com. It has an awesome method to calculate content in certain proteins, like how much chloride is in 1g of potassium chloride. In this case, .476g, or 47.6%.

does that mean that in 1g of potassium chloride there is only .524g of potassium? in which case with a product like this http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Potassium-Chloride-Powder-8-oz-227-g/777 which says there is 730mg of potassium in 1.4g that means there’s also 663mg of chloride in that same 1.4g serving?

That would be correct! You can also find out how much ‘play’ there is in some products as well by seeing how much is in a compound by their nutrient list, vs what you would expect of a very ‘pure’ compound. You can do this with salt-substitutes (also largely potassium chloride) to find out how much salt is in it, or if it’s pure.

Wow, that’s a lot of soy.

You are going to get some sulfur from your protein.

I have not really looked into Soy protein. So have you checked the bio availability along with the amino acid profile?
Depending on your weight and your activity level, you may have to pay closer attention to these variables because of your projected low amount of protein.

You will want to bring up your vitamin K, you may also want to bring up your Vitamin D as well, unless you get a lot of sun.

With that high dose of vitamin A you should bring up the vitamin D considerably. There seems to be a relation between both, and you dont get the benefits unless they are ballanced. Like with omega 6/3, the optimal ratio is unkown, but aparently some more of D is better.

Another option is to seek other multivitamin with less vitamin A to replace/mix with the current one.

As already noted vitamin K is pretty low. If you opt to get an high amount of vitamin D the vitamin K should be upped a bit higher than the DRI, because an high dose of D seems to increase the needs of K and magnesium.

In regards to minerals you have a small imbalance of sodium and potassium. Both are closely related and high Na/K ratios are linked to higher blood pressure. On the other hand an higher proportion of potassium is linked to lower blood pressure.

I dont know if the low sodium is intentional, but if it is you should watch how your body responds, and adjust accordingly.

Related to potassium too, maybe is better increase the amount of citrate and lower the potassium chloride, to lower the amount of chloride.
Both has been reported to have a very strong bitter taste, be warned.

Fiber recomendation is related to the amount of calories, if you take less calories probably need less fiber too.

It can be more convenient if you create a custom nutrient profile in makesoylent, with the amount of calories and macro proportions that you want.

All of this aside, the recipe seems ok.
Good luck.

[quote=“HarveyDesu, post:5, topic:4824”]
have you checked the bio availability along with the amino acid profile?
[/quote] i’m not sure how to do this, any guidance? also, i’m very confused where the 225g of protein came from on that original nutrient profile (i’ve made my own since then). 225g is a lot and everything i’ve googled says it should be around 75g (+/- 20g depending on weight) even this thing http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/fnic/interactiveDRI/ I’m including more protein (110g) for myself since i know that i perform better with about that much.

and thanks @Teseracto for the excellent input

I’ll try to look up the bio availability, amino acid profile, and sulfur content a bit later and let you know.

Most recommendations for protein is .8 - 1.5 grams of protein for every kilogram of the lean body mass (LBM) of what you want to be.
For example I want to weigh 250 lbs at 12% body fat, which gives me a LBM of 220 lbs or 99.79 kg. Which means I should consume between 79 and 149 grams of protein a day.
If you’re a athlete or a body builder you can go up to 2 grams per kilogram of LBM.