Recommended Reading Request

Books, journal entries, studies, reference materials.

There’s nothing I can’t already find with Google, but I value human perception more. I want to know what you guys recommend, preferably a single book covering all the essentials of nutrition science. This product has spurred my interest in biochemistry and Id like to get a good understanding, as much as anyone has so far at least, of how chemicals and molecules and systems that make up me are interacting.

What level of chemestry and biology have you had from education? It really does depend on how much you know already. Personally I can’t recommend a single book, as they were in Danish…

I highly recommend reading The Perfect Health Diet:
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/buy-our-book/

Despite the hyperbolic title, it’s actually the best scientifically based exploration I’ve found yet of a (more or less) Paleo diet. It goes into detail about the interactions of various micronutrients in the human body, as well as macronutrients and other factors. And it’s quite readable.

Perhaps someone else can point you towards a book later on ;;O but are there any specifics you want to know until then?

Until then, these two wikipedia are a good start.

I’ll have a look, thanks!

I’d recommend Harvard’s Nutrition Source, which contains lots of information written concisely, referencing studies and all.

Nice but it says use oil at the table.

What’s wrong with oil at the table? (not to flame; eager to learn)

Heh I think he tried to make a joke, because we put the oil in Soylent? :slight_smile:

Heh when I read it… I was like… Television doesn’t cause diabetes… Sitting still for too long while eating junk food might… (Cause and causation) but I guess that really also says something about the 1500mg sodium… “People are eating much more than the 2300mg upper limit…, so we should lower the upper limit so people eat less” logic… :slight_smile: (fact that Soylent is still almost 500mg short of 1500 makes me sad,as 1500 is what is recommended to lower the intake to.

Its says use healthy oils for cooking, on salad and on the table. This could be interpreted as: use healthy oils instead of unhealthy oils for these three scenarios. It can also be interpreted as harvard encouraging oil use on the table too along with on salads and in cooking. And this second scenario could lead to excess consumption. If they were really implying the second scenario then they not shouldnt have. If they were implying the first scenario, they should have used better wording.