Reddit team censoring any posts asking Rosa Labs questions

Because you are a sane human being that knows when food contains, or doesn’t contain, things listed on the label it’s kinda serious and shouldn’t be hidden for several days with customers asking ‘hey what’s the deal?’

I mean, Conor is on record in /r/soylent saying that they test test test and have hired full time quality control people some time ago…

4 Likes

Go look at my /r/soylent posts. I’ve been a heavy defender of Rosa Labs and Soylent. Regularly people go “but what if it has mercury/lead/rabies/aids/squirrel smallpox in it” to which I reply they test their product and will oft even tag with something along the lines of ‘just ask /u/soylentconor’ or ‘/u/soylentconor is on record saying they test’. So now they apparently weren’t testing, or weren’t testing well enough, for one reason or another decided the product label was inaccurate and stopped sales then waited Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and several hours of Wednesday to quietly release a blog post about it…

So pardon me all to hell if I’m a bit upset and vocal about this incident.

2 Likes

I mean they shipped (likely literal) tons of Coffeist, then suspected a problem with it and waited 5 days and change to even mention something about it. The proper thing would have been to immediately email all Coffeist customers:

“Sorry folks, we are currently suspending sales of Coffeist as we believe product leaving our warehouses might not have been to the best of quality. Be patient with us and we will update you as soon as our quality control team can sample enough product to let us know if this was an isolated issue or not”

Yet they didn’t do that, and it’s easy to argue they are still hiding it by only slapping up a blog post. A blog that is only linked to in the FOOTER of the store. Now, how often do people go check out the blog posts for every company they shop with? Do you go read Kraft’s blog? Or Hershey’s blog? Or Nestle’s blog? Probably not…

We do test. When our test came back with the results. We halted production. We would not of known had we not been testing frequently.

4 Likes

So the first test results came back after first customer shipment? Or tests were fine before shipping?

3 Likes

Steel fuel can’t melt jet beams

7 Likes

.[quote=“Ryan_Mercer, post:147, topic:26094, full:true”]
You say that but it’s grounds for a class action. Not that it would be worth anyone’s time though as it had been out such a short time no one would have had real time to order and consume any large amount.
[/quote]

:sweat_smile:I am starting to understand the mods over at the reddit section.
Though I will say that when a production error is noticed by team, they should let the people know about what the problem is right away… while they look at the reason why.

8 Likes

RL is so lucky their customers are very forgiving, every time. Other companies would love to have that.

1 Like

FWIW my bar order from August 30th shipped on August 31st.

2 Likes

Now this is a relevant question.

Melt fuel jet can’t beams steel

When you phrase it that way… :anguished:

3 Likes

They weren’t melted, they were just weakened. Obviously, it takes a lot less heat to weaken steel than it does to melt it. If they’d melted, the buildings would have collapsed a lot sooner.

4 Likes

1 Like

You have been truly obnoxious thus far. I’m against ban-happy mods too but Jesus Christ dude.

8 Likes

Fun Fact: In our whole time on the subreddit we have permanently banned less than 5 users (excluding bots). You have to really work to earn a permaban.

5 Likes

Man, the toxicity here has really gotten out of hand. Please delete the thread. :wink:

3 Likes

Oh, come off it. You stealth delete comments almost daily. Especially during AMAs. The users want you all gone.

1 Like

Speak for yourself (and @Ryan_Mercer I suppose).

3 Likes