Reorders ship in 1-2 weeks (after paying)

apologies for the confusion, currently subscription orders will ship 1-2 weeks after being charged. understand this is not ideal …and this delay will definitely be eliminated in the near future.

I just finally got a response from @soylent on twitter and they say there will be a 1-2 week delay on reorders. That’s 1-2 weeks after they charge your account they might ship.

They should stop charging if they can’t ship. And they should let their customers know what is going on.

Still no response from anyone at RosaLabs on the forums.

Apologies for the delay in response, dropped the ball on discourse customer support this week.

First off, we have always been up front about the fact that reorders will ship in 1-2 weeks, it’s located on all the soylent.me homepage and all checkout pages.

Our subscription shipping process is far from ideal currently, but we are actively working on improving the backend and in the next 4-5 weeks we will achieve invoice/shipping parity – ie, your subscription shipment will be made on the same day as your renewal charge.

For the time being, due to software constraints, this is the process for subscription fulfillment:

1. Customer charged for new/renewing subscription
  2. Soylent ships in 1-2 weeks (just like one-time reorders)
  3. Customer is charged again 4 weeks after creation/renewal date
  4. Soylent ships in 1-2 weeks
  5. GOTO 3

Again, the above process is only in place for the next month or so, at which time we will have completed the necessary software to be able to ship subscription orders the same day as charging for creation/renewal.

That makes sense - not ideal, but at least it’s improving! Thank you for the feedback - it’s very frustrating to not hear anything for weeks.

I’m one of those who are unhappy with the delay between charge and shipment. So I welcome the news that within the next 28-31 days there will be “invoice/shipping parity”.