Requesting DIY recipe feedback

Been trying and tweaking my own DIY recipe for the past month or so, and am now asking for for feedback on my latest WIP. The original recipy was based on People Chow, but I’ve strayed from it quite a bit to be overall cheaper specifically for Canadians. I’ve currently got 3 versions of the same recipe, each using slighty different supplements based on ingredients I currently have and ones I want to eventually switch to instead once my current supply runs out. I am the rolled oats in each of this recipes has been ground into powder using a coffee grinder.

• The recipe I am currently using due to me still having plenty of Calcium/Magnesium/VitD powder left from my first DIY attempt. The Cal-Mag powder is currently my main source of Vitamin D in this version, but I am only planning on using this recipe until my supply of this powder runs out.

• The next version of the recipe which I still haven’t tried substitues the Cal-Mag powder for Calcium Citrate powder and a seperate Vitamin D supplement, along with an Iron supplement to make up for the low Iron from the other ingredients. This will ultimately be the recipe I use until my supply of the multivitamin powder I am currenly using runs out (which is a few months worth).

• Lastly is the recipe that uses a completely different multivitamin (same one that @axcho uses in some of his recipes), which allows me to drop the vitamin D and Iron supplements, but adding a bit of Magnesium Citrate. This vitamin lowers the the amount for most vitamin Bs and is also easier to measure as it is a capsule instead loose powder, while not effecting the cost much.

I am thinking about adding stevia for a bit of sweetness, but have yet to try with it. All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Only 2-3 things I notice.

One, your fat number don’t add up. I would suggest going through and double check them and make sure all the slots are filled in correctly.

Two, you are relying on your body’s poor ability to convert the plant based short chain omega 3 to the long chain DHA and EPA a that your body really wants and needs.

Three, that is a lot of omega 6. It’s not dangerous or anything but you may want to look for something with more monounsaturated fat instead.

Some of the ingredients don’t list all the fat information, so I’ll have to request that infomation. I did that with a different brand of vegetable oil that didn’t list its omega content and am waiting for a response.

As for my source of omega 3, I don’t really want to change it to a non-plant source. Although I am in no way a vegetarian, I still would like to keep the recipe vegetarian friendly. And I’d rather no have to swallow a pill of fish oil.

As for the ammount of omega 6, doing an my own oil blend would be a simple fix. Could probably bring the percentage omega 3 to just over 100% and omega 6 to just less then 150%. The only issues with this is its an extra ingredient which means more storage and higher daily cost, as well as I don’t know how olive oil will affect the taste.

Open to any suggests.

The 17g omega 6 “minimum” isn’t really a minimum it’s the estimated average American intake and is therefor just a suggestion. Supposedly the real minimum is 3-4g.

As far as getting more detailed info on the fats in a foodstuff I recommend the FDA database. It will give you the info on a generic example of the ingredient in question. It most likely won’t exactly match the specific product in your hand but it should get you in the right ballpark. Just look at the full report for the item in question and expand out the fats section. You will have to look online to see which of the sub-fats are omega 3,6, or 9.

For long chain omega 3s I recommend products by Nordic Naturals. They make a wide variety of omega 3 supplements. I use their liquid fish oil, it has no fishy after taste that I can detect. They also make a number of vegan and vegetarian products that fit your requirement. They can be stored in the same fridge as your soylent.