Severe IBS experience to date

Just starting Soylent, mostly due to a poor diet, reflux and other health problems that can make eating a challenge, and living alone and tired of trying to cook for one. I foster dogs and have wondered forever why they can get full nutrition in the same old food and a snack or two but we can’t. Ta-dah!

I’ve had to supplement with Ensure on occasion and can assure you, it causes a functional disorder like IBS to result in what I call a “colon dump,” especially for me if I consume it too quickly. My IBS can be severe enough that water can do this, too, at times. So far, Soylent 2.0 Cacao is not causing the same problem, is a larger amount than Ensure and more satisfying, and from what read, better ingredients. I will likely eat food when it’s of interest along with Soylent, but I’m excited to continue the personal experiment.

I’ve had severe IBS my whole life, and had the same experience with Ensure. On the other hand, I’ve found that as long as I drink at least one Soylent a day, my IBS symptoms have decreased from about five flare-ups per week to one or less a month.

I hope you have the same good luck with it.

I add two teaspoons of Heather’s Tummy Fiber to every bottle of Soylent I drink and has been a huge help to me. You can pick it up on Amazon.