Simply Soylent chocolate, chocolate-chip cookies(tm)

OK, tried another batch of cookies today, this time using Soylent 1.0. Here’s the recipe:

4 cups (1 bag) soylent 1.0
2 tbls cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup mini choc chips

3 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup liquid Soylent
1/4 cup oil
3 Tbls water

Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. Made 35 cookies

And the results…

They are very tasty, but SERIOUSLY crunchy. They’re actually too hard for my gal to even eat, and they require a fair amount of jaw strength even on my part, but I can and will happily still eat them. I think they cooked for probably 5 minutes too long, which is strange as 35 minutes was perfect for the previous batches of 1.4 Soylent cookies. Maybe something different about having the integrated powdered oil? I dunno. Anyway, I backed down the maple syrup and chocolate on this batch, and they still taste quite sweet and chocolate-y. Could probably back off even more frankly. But the most obvious thing is they should have cooked a bit less time.

These are mine with 1.5 and they are decent, much better than drinking it straight. Not too sweet and the centers are soft but the edges are a bit tough. I will definitely try again with a tad more liquid (maybe an egg), bigger drops and a little less oven time.
Thank you for the recipe!

2nd try: fantastic, if you like gooey cookies.

Used a whole bag of 1.5, milk instead of water and one egg for 30 min.

Very filling, soft and just a tad underdone in the center with a good chew.

I’ve got some left over 1.3 that I would like to make cookies with, do you think I should tweak your cookie recipe any to accommodate the earlier version?

Either that or point me to a good 1.3 cookie recipe that has already been published? (I’m not having any luck scouring the cooking section of this forum).

TIA!

My cookie recipe should work fine with 1.3, add a bottle’s worth of oil of some kind (1/3 cup I believe?) and you should be golden. :wink:

I just made this recipe with v 1.9 cacao powder, and otherwise following the recipe. The cookies turned out surprisingly good. I will make them again, but will decrease the baking time to 20 or 25 minutes–30 minutes results in the bottoms getting a little burned. I’m happy to see that a recipe designed for 1.4 works reasonably well with 1.9!