Solanine levels in Soylent potato starch?

Solanine is a harmful glycoalkaloid that, in some conditions, can be produced by nightshades like the potato. For instance, if they are handled roughly or exposed to sunlight.

I was wondering if solanine levels were controlled or monitored in the potato starch used in soylent.

A 200-pound person would have to eat two pounds of fully green potatoes in a single day to consume a toxic level of solanine.

Soylent contains 41g of potato starch. You would need to consume about 22 bags of Soylent in a single day to even begin to start worrying about it.

There hasn’t been a single case of solanine poisoning due to eating potatoes in the United States for more than 50 years.

Sounds pretty rare to me.

Why do so many people think they have found the ‘reason that soylent is harmful’

Do you not realize that Rosa Labs hires many actual scientists? They know what they are doing, a lot more than any of the (no offense) arm chair scientists in this gorram forum.

You get used to it after awhile.

God damn its so aggravating.

I don’t automatically assume that a pound of potatoes equals a pound of modified food starch, but it sounds like cultivar selection and modern farming practices can be expected to keep levels negligible.
Thanks.