Some minor test results

I have been on soylent for about 6 months. I make occasional forays into muggle food, but the majority of my diet for those months has been soylent, or now Soylent. The vast majority of weeks I am 80-90% S/soylent, occasionally only 50%ish, but very rarely less.

I occasionally donate blood. One of the things UBS offers is a sorta health screen when you donate, it’s very minor, but still a bit interesting. They use it as a ploy to get more people to donate, I wasn’t even aware they gave any test results until I scheduled this last appointment.

My results are below. My blood pressure has dropped, as has my total cholesterol, hemoglobin is slightly up. I have never seen my BP as low as this last visit, without exception whenever checked it has been on the high side. I know total cholesterol is not nearly as relevant as a full lipid panel, but I have never had a lipid panel done, and the only numbers I have seen is the total shown below.

While these results are in no way comprehensive, I do find them interesting, and thought some of you may as well. These are my results from my last three donations.

11/24/2012
Cholesterol:…196
BP:…152 / 97
Pulse:…97
Hemoglobin:…16.0
Temperature: 98.3

3/2/2013
Cholesterol:…197
BP:…145 / 87
Pulse:…92
Hemoglobin:…15.6
Temperature: 98.8

6/7/2014
Cholesterol:…177
BP:…127 / 75
Pulse:…86
Hemoglobin:…16.3
Temperature: 97.9

I cannot donate again for 4 months, but would encourage any of you that can to do so

Has your weight dropped any? Curious as to whether these results are related to or isolated from other changes?

Very interesting data, I am curious to see how my numbers change. The change in pulse intrigues me the most weirdly enough.

It has, about 340 at my last donation, about 300 now. I don’t doubt weight loss has effected my overall health, but I also know that my diet has had a significant effect on my weight loss and health.

Even when I was in the mid 200’s my BP was high though, it has never been this low. So I am leaning toward that change being more likely from the dietary change and not attributable to the weight loss. Cholesterol was never checked outside of the blood donations. I know I am getting significant iron from my DIY, so I would assume the rise in Hemoglobin is attributable to diet as well.