Soylent 1.0 and bodily fluids

Long time lurker, first time poster. The only reason I’m posting is because I have a problem I haven’t seen discussed before.

I am about to discuss sexual biology, please be warned (and please be adults)

After a week of consuming exclusively official Soylent and water, my semen is very noticeably more viscous. Also, it smells and tastes like Soylent, but that’s not a problem/concern. The thickness, however, is negatively affecting my sex life. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? If so, please propose a solution. Thanks!

On the topic of semen

I’m afraid I have no idea whatsoever, and can’t report any similar observations. But then again I’ve never been 100% Soylent for more than a day, so maybe that would change things. Anyone else doing 100% have anything helpful to share?

Girl here, can’t say I have the same problem personally. From what I understand, the likely causes of thick ejaculate are

1. dehydration
  2. low testosterone
  3. an STD or other infection

If I had to guess what might have changed for you, my best guess would be you’re not drinking enough water in addition to your soylent. Could that be the case?

Almost definitely not enough water. Drink up! Water is a catalyst for all of your metabolic processes, so when you have better nutrition, your body will use more water, long term. Short term, the large amount of fiber is going to change the way you absorb water until your body adjusts. 2 liters a day, minimum, and anything over that if you feel the need. Choke down a glass before you go to bed, one when you get up, and distribute the rest through the day.

@DanVK, Welcome to the forum!

Drink more water - duly noted! I’ll try that for a while and report back. Thanks!