Soylent 1.0 Waffles

Inspired by the other recipes I’ve found on this forum, I did a little experimenting creating waffles with Soylent 1.0.

My initial recipe is simple – it’s just Soylent + oil with half of the water. The waffles were a little brown, so I think I’ll cut the oil in half on my next try. Also, the waffles didn’t hold together very well; I’m hoping less oil will help with that and maybe adding an egg would help? I’m no chef, so if anyone has any ideas, I’m happy to keep trying.

The best part, of course, is that while liquid Soylent can’t make it past the TSA, waffle Soylent goes right through security without any issues.

Waffles!
I think the important question is, how did they taste?

How many waffles could you make with one bag?

Rosa Labs boys very own recipe.

Soylent waffles

They used:

1 c. Soylent powder blend
3/4 c. milk
2 tbsp oil blend
1 egg.

Recipe adapted from box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix.

How can I turn Soylent into a solid with the least amount of extra ingredients?

The Soylent 1.0 waffles I made taste ok; like Soylent in liquid form, they’re an acquired taste.

I was able to make 4-5 full-sized waffles with one bag of Soylent.

I’m definitely going to try the Rosa Labs recipe. Where do they keep it? I’d like to read about their work.

This link is where I found the recipe posted above. It is just a short video, as far as I know they aren’t keeping a regular test kitchen blog. Hopefully they will though, would be fun to watch.

The recipe thread I linked in the last post has some good info in it as well.