Soylent 1.1 first impressions!

Yesterday, when I arrived home from work my months supply of Soylent 1.1 was waiting on my doorstep! The packaging is very good, easy to store and each week has its own box. Instructions are clear. I mixed up a batch for one day immediately- I have some experience from @axcho DIY to compare it to.

I had my first small taste (licked the lid after shaking) last night. I liked the taste, not too sweet, pretty all around neutral. I left my Soylent to chill overnight in the refrigerator.

Today, I filled two 21 oz hydro flasks and drank the remainder for breakfast (I wake up at 5 am for work so it’s an early breakfast) After tasting a substantial amount of Soylent 1.1 I can confirm what others are reporting- it is a much thinner consistency then expected. Thinner than the DIY people chow I enjoyed from axcho. The flavor is good in my opinion. Less sweet than people chow, and not bitter as some people have reported (I very much enjoy bitter tastes- drink my coffee black and my liquor straight, so some may perceive it as more bitter than I) It tastes like a non salty liquid wheat-thin, and ever so slightly sweet. Tomorrow, I’ll probably add Ceylon cinnamon and xantham gum.

I am as of right now not very hungry (7am) I also ate a banana and drank 24 oz of black coffee, and about 10 more oz of soylent. I need about 2400 calories a day according to the calculator (6’2", 215 lbs, active) so I have 3 more bananas with me for the day and about 31 more oz of Soylent. On my way to an installation now so I’ll be spending the next 8-10 hours on a roof putting up a solar PV system. Hoping the Soylent will keep my energy up! I’ll report back at the end of the day and update this post. So far so good!

Day2.

Firstly, my energy stayed at a good level throughout the workday yesterday. I was fairly tired by the time I got home at 5:38pm but that is pretty typical due to 5 am wake up time and physical work. In addition to the bananas, I also had about 500 calories of pizza. Over my calorie recommendation for the day but the pizza had to go. When I mixed up today’s soylent last night, I added 4 cups of Greek yogurts (96 g protein, 28 g carb, 0 g fat) and some Ceylon cinnamon. Todays batch has a bit of a sour Greek yogurt taste coupled with cinnamon and a much thicker consistency. It’s very good and more filling. Considering adding yogurt very often, only thing holding me back is added cost.

Oh yea, the gas is definitely a thing. Not noticing far more copious amounts, but the smell is noxious now. I feel sorry for my coworkers :wink: