Soylent 1.4 taste creations - a compilation

I’ve spent a lot of time compiling the recipes people have posted in various threads and writing them down for myself so thought I would share it in one spot. These are not my creations, just a conglomerate of posted successes!

Always mix dry ingredients before adding water

Per Serving Additives
-Milk enhancers: Milk Magic (especially Cookies & Cream), MilkSplash (votes for banana and cocoa)
-Da Vinci Sugar Free syrups: vanilla, caramel and pineapple good
-Flavored protein powders
-Maple syrup
-Instant coffee
-LorAnn flavor oils: orange + vanilla mentioned to taste like a creamsicle
*side note, Amazon has 12/24/36 multipacks of the super concentrated oils that you pick the flavors you want. I got 24 for $30 and I’m fixing to go mad scientist on this. I’m thinking: banana cream + black walnut = banana bread, coconut + vanilla butternut = coconut creme pie, caramel + chocolate hazelnut = salted chocolate caramel Soylent. I will post back the best ones!!

PB Single Serving (2 scoops Soylent, 2 cups water)
1.5 tsp powdered sugar
1.5 Tbsp PB2
-Heat 1 cup water in microwave for 20 sec (little warmer than room temp). Add to Soylent mix, shake vigorously for 30 sec then add 1 cup of cold water with ice. Shake until all ice melted and mixture nice and cold. Perfectly smooth, no salty after taste, really nice PB flavor. Powdered sugar only adds 10-15 calories and did a lot for flavor!

Tea Alternatives
Brew tea of choice and let cool completely. Mix Soylent as usual, substituting tea for water.
-Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea - “insanely good”

Chocolate - for entire pouch
2-3 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tsp alcohol free Vanilla flavor
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Holiday Spice - for entire pouch
1/4 tsp Cardamom
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Thai Curry Soylent - for entire pouch
3/4 tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
*squeeze of fresh lime per serving is awesome

Mexican chowder - using a blender, add each ingredient for 1 serving
1/2 clove garlic
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp minced cilantro
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp lime juice

I’m hoping seeing these together will spark additions that people have come up with! Especially for non-sweet ones since that is the definite underdog here! I am new to Soylent but afer jaw surgery in a month, I will be unable to eat for at least 6 weeks so I am starting to incorporate this into my life now…perhaps forever. Variety will certainly help get me through it!

Log your opinions of v1.5 here

Some really great ideas. I like the tea concept. I’ve yet to see anyone do tea, its mostly coffee mixtures.

I’ve been making smoothie packs in bulk for a while now, then throw them in freezer until I want one. Much easier to just add milk or water and a scoop of protein powder. Today I used a scoop of Soylent for the first time and there was absolutely no change in flavor or texture than the usual. One scoop with my normal nutrient dense ingredients kept me full for 5 hours. Here is my standard collection

Stumbled upon a few new ones to give a BBQ flavor**

1. 1/2 tsp liquid smoke per 16 oz serving
    or
  2. 1 tsp each of Chalula chipotle and agave syrup per 16 oz serving