Soylent 1.5 Biscotti

After trying 2.0 after 1.5, I found that I started to dread drinking 1.5. In an attempt to figure out how to use up my remaining bags of 1.5, I somehow stumbled onto biscotti! I like it so much that I actually would order more bags of 1.5 just to make it. Here’s my recipe:

SOYLENT BISCOTTI
1 bag of soylent 1.5
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
45 mL cocoa powder
1 egg
1 cup water
1 dash vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Open bag of 1.5 and put in the baking soda and cocoa powder. Close, and do a quick shake. I am usually too lazy to mix together fully.
  3. In large bowl, combine the egg, water, and vanilla. Mix together.
  4. Pour dry into wet and mix until combined.
  5. I use a large baking sheet with non stick baking paper on top. Pour batter on and spread to fill the whole pan. I try to do a thickness of approx half an inch.
  6. I usually bake for 15 minutes or so, take it out and pre slice (half lengthwise, and then divided into 10 the other way, so that each piece is approx 100 calories), and then broil for about 8 minutes until the tops are crunchy, and then turn the oven off and leave it in there for half an hour. This is what I’ve found to work for my oven (and my oven is a little messed up) so you’ll probably want to tinker with your times a bit.

If you leave it in there long enough, all of it will be crunchy. If you take it out before it is entirely crunchy, the centres will be a little fudgy, which is what I like to do now. I recommend cooking until atleast, when removed from the pan, the tops and bottoms are hard (no floppy softness).

The soft bits are not tasty when warm. Eat after cooling. Or combine with some 2.0 for cookies and milk time :slightly_smiling:

Thanks for the recipe!

Is this correct, or do you mean °F? That’s pretty hot - my oven won’t go that high!

Yes, my bad!! Thanks for catching that! I meant F :slightly_smiling: