Soylent 1.8 powder tastes like Vanilla ๐Ÿ’“, not like pancake batter anymore!

I transitioned from 2.0 to powder halfway through 2017 for cost efficiency, and could tolerate the pancake batter flavor because I love Soylent and it makes me feel great. Now as a surprise bonus which makes me love Soylent even more, as of December 2017 shipment, the powder tastes like vanilla now! I love it.

Has it been reformulated? Forgive me for not following all the forums, if someone has already discussed this.

i have not seen anything about a reformulation and i check on here often, but not going to say i dont ever miss any posts

Yeah, Iโ€™m not sure if it was unique to my shipment or a temporary change of flavor due to any other various possibilities, but I certainly hope itโ€™s been reformulated, it tastes delicious.

I ordered a 7-day box, received on 6 December, it tastes like always, Elmerโ€™s glue with a bit of grease. Not in a bad way, mind. But definitely not sweet or vanilla.

Update: My experience with the vanilla flavor may have been an anomaly. All the packets in one box tasted like delicious vanilla milkshakes. However my current packet today is back to pancake batter flavor again. And your elmerโ€™s glue/grease description is comical :joy:

I also noticed an apparent change in flavor. While I didnโ€™t think โ€œvanillaโ€ I did think it was much sweeter. While I donโ€™t mind the flavor I donโ€™t think it lends itself as well to the flavorings I used previously.

Thank goodness someone else can attest to this anomaly too. Thank you for chiming in, Aron.

I suspect maybe one of the production batches got a bit more sweetener then usual for some reason.