Soylent 1.9 Powder Causing Stomach Problems

I used Soylent 1.5 powder for every meal over the course of about six months back in the day, Wonderful experience: full of energy; no stomach pain at all. Things got boring, though, so I converted back to regular food for over a year.

Life’s been hectic recently, so I turned once more to Soylent to simplify my life. I bought a few boxes of Soylent 1.9 powder (original, cacao, and cafe mocha). I’ve been alternating mixing the coffee-flavored powder with the other two flavors over the past few weeks, and I’ve been getting really bad stomach pains almost immediately after consuming the meals.

I haven’t been able to identify the source, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Perhaps I’m just allergic to soy (I never really consumed soy products previously, and Soylent 1.5 powder was soy-free, I believe). Alternatively, one of the flavors might have another ingredient that’s causing me the discomfort.

I’ll do some tests throughout the next few weeks to see if I can identify what’s causing my problem, but I’d love to hear from other people as well.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to continue with Soylent, but not we these constant, agonizing pains running through my stomach all day.

-Joe

Haven’t heard or seen anything yet. If you believe it could be soy, you should try having some soy milk or other similar soy products to see if it works.

Soylent 1.5 did have some soy though, in form of Soy Lecithin (perhaps small enough quantity for you not to notice?)

Other solution would be to try a different meal replacement with no soy on it and see how it does it for you.

Good luck!