Soylent 2.0 safe for cats? (Not what you think)

I have been using Soylent 2.0 for about a week, and I found that my cat LOVES to lick the foil from the bottle when I’m not looking. And she’ll go after the bottle, too. She hasn’t managed much. I am not feeding her Soylent, nor do I intend to, but I just want to make sure that since she seems to love the stuff when she manages to sneak it, that she’s not going to come to any harm.

Is there anything in Soylent 2.0 that may be harmful for animals if ingested? :slight_smile:

What If You Had Other Equally Positive, Equally Easy Meal Options?

My cat has loved every version of Soylent including my DIY. There should be no problem with small amounts of soylent. You wouldn’t want it to make up an real percentage of their diet though. Of course cats and dogs have basically had solid soylent for decades. Usually called cat and dog food.

I sure hope not, because I’ve got one cat that I absolutely cannot keep away from the stuff. Typically she only gets the tiny bit that hit the bottom of the sink when I rinse out a bottle, but she has gotten hold of the cap, and more recently the foil seal, on occasion.

I’ve never noticed her to feel ill from it, so there’s that.

Woo! Good to know. :slight_smile: I’d hate her stealing a foil to lick causing any health issues. Thanks. :slight_smile:

FYI, in regard to soy itself, my cats all ate a soy-based cat food for years. To the benefit of everything but my bank account.

(I wasn’t feeding it to them because I thought they should be vegetarian. It was one of just a few cat foods that didn’t cause allergic reactions for one of my cats, and of those, it was the only one that all the cats liked! It was also the only one that wasn’t meat-based.)

Of interest to you, there are five other “cat” threads, as well as individual comments in other threads. Cats are quite the fanbase of Soylent.

That’s because cats are awesome.