Soylent 2.0 Taste Impressions from user who hated 1.4

So as topic head notes, I hated 1.4… which is the first version of soylent where they got rid of the artificial vanilla flavoring. They claimed it was neutral… but it had a horrible, weird sweet after taste (Not good sweet). It triggered my gag reflex. I couldn’t stand it. I ended up cancelling my subscription and selling the rest of the 1.4 I had left.

I hesitated on 1.5 and never bought it. But now with 2.0 with the bottles, I bought one box to try it out.

Good news is that it’s not bad. It’s much more creamy than it ever was and very neutral tasting. It has a slight hint of an oat flavor aftertaste. The flavor isn’t as good as it was with the vanilla flavoring… but I’m fine with that.

If you quit after 1.4… I say give it a try again. The bottles themselves are a huge step up IMO. Much easier to portion and keep track of calorie count, which is a big plus. And just the fact you can stick the box in your fridge and grab 1 bottle at a time is really great.

Agreed. I didn’t last a week on 1.4. I didn’t taste any sweetness at all, and I also didn’t like doing all the mixing either (I know that is pathetically lazy). Soylent 2.0 is so much better tasting and it’s convenient. I’m on month 3 and don’t plan on stopping any time soon. Definitely worth a shot if you don’t mind spending a little more. Still cheaper than eating out.

Well 2.0 does contain “natural and artificial flavors” so that might be a big reason why you like it more. They still haven’t told us what those flavors are exactly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it was vanilla. Not enough to actually make it taste like vanilla, obviously, but enough to promote a hint of sweetness and mask some of the strange notes.