Soylent 2.0 Unboxing and Taste Test Vids

There are a few unboxing and taste test videos of Soylent 2.0 that people have made. Posting a few in case it helps someone wanting to know how they are packaged or first impressions of taste.

From ZeroZeroXVids: “Food of The Future: Soylent 2.0 Unboxing and First Look.”

From Henry Reed: “Soylent 2.0 Official Unboxing!”

Also from Henry Reed: “Soylent 2.0 Taste Test”

From EnvisionWithJustin: “Soylent 2.0 Unboxing and First Impressions”

Also from EnvisionWithJustin: “Soylent 2.0 Taste Test”

One thing that was not immediately apparent to the two people tasting Soylent 2.0 above (and I would assume is a common question) is whether or not you are supposed to shake the drink prior to consumption.

I would assume that shaking is not required, but I would like someone who knows for sure to answer. (@Conor ?)

It tastes the same whether I shake it or not, so the answer is no.

I generally shake it anyway out of habit :smiley:

No shaking required :smiley:

I started out not shaking it, and about 4 bottles in I got a rather gritty final sip. I now shake it a little before drinking. It does not need the vigorous shaking that my DIY powder required.

I’ve seen a little sludge at the end of a bottle so a quick shake or two might help. I usually fill the bottle part way with water after and drink that as well so I don’t bother shaking before drinking the Soylent.

If you don’t shake it, it’s perfectly smooth until the last sip where you feel some powder/grit.

If you shake it, it’s a little less smooth but the grittiness is hardly noticeable. It’s that gritty part at the end getting distributed to the whole bottle.

this could be a solution to people who find it too smooth for their liking :smiley: