Soylent 2.0: Use Less. Do More

Soylent 2.0: Use Less. Do More.

Today we are thrilled to announce the debut of the newest product in our line of nutritionally-complete staple foods: Soylent 2.0.

Soylent 2.0 is designed from the ground-up to provide the vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, and protein that the body needs - all in a convenient, ready-to-drink package.

“It has been an exciting year for the Soylent team, and thanks to my fantastic co-founders and colleagues we have built the foundations of a strong business,” said Rob Rhinehart, Soylent Co-founder and CEO. “Soylent 2.0 is just the beginning of our continued expansion as we endeavor to improve the capability and efficiency of our industry through research and development, toward a future where food is abundant and its production is transparent.”

A major step forward, Soylent 2.0 frees customers from crowded lunch lines at fast food restaurants and ends feelings of mid-morning hunger after inadequate breakfasts.

Not only are its ingredients vegan, Soylent 2.0 reaches an unprecedented level of environmental sustainability with half of its fat energy coming from farm-free, algae sources. This next generation agricultural technology has the potential to reduce the ecological impact of food production by orders of magnitude, signifying a major step towards a future of abundance, a world where optimal nutrition is the new normal.

Soylent 2.0 has a low glycemic index (GI=49.2) – the result of 47 percent of energy from healthy fats, 33 percent from slow digesting carbohydrates and 20 percent from protein. This provides an even, sustained release of energy, without spikes or crashes and a macronutrient ratio informed by our nutrition council for long-term health.

The protein source is soy, which contains an ideal ratio of amino acids for excellent nutrition, smooth digestion, and offers an exceptional level of purity from inorganic compounds.

Furthermore, each bottle of Soylent 2.0 contains 20 percent of daily values for all essential vitamins and minerals and has an unrefrigerated shelf life of one year. Avoiding refrigeration and spoilage further reduces the resource consumption of Soylent compared to other dietary staples.

Soylent 2.0 makes complete nutrition accessible to all, allowing one to worry less, buy less, waste less, and use less – while doing more with the time and energy saved.

The latest advancement in nutrition from the Soylent Team is available for pre-order today at www.soylent.com. For just $29.00, new subscribers will receive a 12-pack of Soylent 2.0 straight to their doorsteps. Shipments begin October 15.

Liquid 2.0: No documentation? Water ratio?
Glycemic Index of Soylent 1.5

Exciting! I can’t wait to get my grubby little paws on it. I wonder if Soylent 1.6 is coming soon with a similar formula?

The website is clear that Soylent 2.0 is a preorder and won’t ship until October, but the email confirmation says:

Shipping estimate: Most orders ship within 48 hours.

Thanks for the catch! Editing now.

pretty excited about this, is it premixed? is it ok to go from cold to warm to cold again if it is premixed and unopened?

I’m not exactly a math whiz, but it looks like the new pricing for 1.5 is more expensive. 112 meals is now $280 a month if you subscribe vs. $255 previously. I am disappoint. Not that it’s indicative of much of anything (since it was probably an educated guess), but the original backer price was $230.

I still think Soylent is a better product than most other foods, but are you guys going to comment on the price change?

The shelf life of Soylent 2.0 is estimated at 12 months at room temperature, longer if refrigerated, and less if stored in a heated environment. The product is UHT heat injection sterilized, so the shelf life is related to vitamin life, not bacterial contamination.

2.0 comes in bottles now, im sure thats why its more, you can stick with 1.5 not sure if they are stopping 1.5 after these start shipping tho, no mention of that from what i saw

My price comment was in relation to 1.5, not 2.0. 1.5 was previously about $1.82 per 400 kcal on the 112-meal plan, but it is now $2 per 400 kcal on the same plan.

Wait so each drink is 20%? So you need to drink 5 a day? This is about $12 a day. An increase in price rather than a decrease. This is not counting additional cost of buying flavor enhancers to make this drinkable. This would probably average the cost to about $14 a day.

Wow, so a price increase for everything. :confused:

I misspoke, prices are displayed accurately. We removed the volume discount, all prices scale linearly now.

Powdered price rise
Powdered price rise

I see meals are 400 kcal for the drink version.

Is there going to be a suggested meal size change for the powdered version (from 500 to 400) as well?

I’m curious too if the powdered form will mirror what’s in the bottled form or if they will take their own paths.

Really happy that you are giving an option to people who are vegan/those who like the convenience of their meals already made. As long as you aren’t phasing out the powdered form and keep efforts to bring the price down I think we’re all on board.

Since 2.0 comes in beverages, doesn’t that mean packages will become notably larger? I wonder how this will affect shipping process.

does it come premixed or are we adding our own water to the bottled version?

Will Soylent 2.0 powder still be priced the same?

This is one of the few times in my life that I’m happy something was an error. :grin:

I actually assume that’s where the price difference originates.

I can’t say it will change my orders in the future, but can we get an explanation or post about the change? As far as why the volume discount was removed, or why the effective price increased (at least for some users)? I was honestly expecting a price drop if anything.

Wont the name Soylent 2.0 end up being a problem? Considering the powdered version is just called Soylent 1.5. I recommend adding something to the name to avoid confusion, specially in the near future as normal Soylent gets more itterations.

Can someone numbercrunch the price per calorie compared to normal Soylent? Or price for a days worth basically? My own math says it would be $12.08 a day, with 5 bottles per day. Correct me if I am wrong :smile:

Last question, nutritionally, how different is it compared to 1.5 Soylent? The Soy protein isn’t an issue for someone like me, but I heard that there are quite a few people who can’t eat Soy… Wont that be a problem? @Soylent

All that said, I think premade Soylent is a good idea for people on the go :), but perhaps larger bottles could also work, so it would be 3-4 bottles a day.

I assume they are continuing the earlier series. I can’t afford 2.0, so I would stop buying Soylent if the 1.5… series was discontinued. I think that subscriptions won’t automatically jump to 2.0, since the default shipment amounts would change.