Soylent 2.0: Use Less. Do More

The shelf life of Soylent 2.0 is estimated at 12 months at room temperature, longer if refrigerated, and less if stored in a heated environment. The product is UHT heat injection sterilized, so the shelf life is related to vitamin life, not bacterial contamination.

1 Like

2.0 comes in bottles now, im sure thats why its more, you can stick with 1.5 not sure if they are stopping 1.5 after these start shipping tho, no mention of that from what i saw

My price comment was in relation to 1.5, not 2.0. 1.5 was previously about $1.82 per 400 kcal on the 112-meal plan, but it is now $2 per 400 kcal on the same plan.

1 Like

Wait so each drink is 20%? So you need to drink 5 a day? This is about $12 a day. An increase in price rather than a decrease. This is not counting additional cost of buying flavor enhancers to make this drinkable. This would probably average the cost to about $14 a day.

Wow, so a price increase for everything. :confused:

I misspoke, prices are displayed accurately. We removed the volume discount, all prices scale linearly now.

I see meals are 400 kcal for the drink version.

Is there going to be a suggested meal size change for the powdered version (from 500 to 400) as well?

I’m curious too if the powdered form will mirror what’s in the bottled form or if they will take their own paths.

Really happy that you are giving an option to people who are vegan/those who like the convenience of their meals already made. As long as you aren’t phasing out the powdered form and keep efforts to bring the price down I think we’re all on board.

3 Likes

Since 2.0 comes in beverages, doesn’t that mean packages will become notably larger? I wonder how this will affect shipping process.

does it come premixed or are we adding our own water to the bottled version?

Will Soylent 2.0 powder still be priced the same?

1 Like

This is one of the few times in my life that I’m happy something was an error. :grin:

I actually assume that’s where the price difference originates.

I can’t say it will change my orders in the future, but can we get an explanation or post about the change? As far as why the volume discount was removed, or why the effective price increased (at least for some users)? I was honestly expecting a price drop if anything.

1 Like

Wont the name Soylent 2.0 end up being a problem? Considering the powdered version is just called Soylent 1.5. I recommend adding something to the name to avoid confusion, specially in the near future as normal Soylent gets more itterations.

Can someone numbercrunch the price per calorie compared to normal Soylent? Or price for a days worth basically? My own math says it would be $12.08 a day, with 5 bottles per day. Correct me if I am wrong :smile:

Last question, nutritionally, how different is it compared to 1.5 Soylent? The Soy protein isn’t an issue for someone like me, but I heard that there are quite a few people who can’t eat Soy… Wont that be a problem? @Soylent

All that said, I think premade Soylent is a good idea for people on the go :), but perhaps larger bottles could also work, so it would be 3-4 bottles a day.

1 Like

I assume they are continuing the earlier series. I can’t afford 2.0, so I would stop buying Soylent if the 1.5… series was discontinued. I think that subscriptions won’t automatically jump to 2.0, since the default shipment amounts would change.

An over all price drop is in the works as Rob stated in his last AMA.

5 Likes

Yay!!! :smiley:

Won’t the shipping cost be much greater for premixed?
Is this a new naming convention (ie 1.x for the powders, 2.x pre-mix)?
Is it even possible to get 47% fat in a powdered form?

Very cool though… Looking forward to learning more!

P.S. 20% protein… Cool^2

3 Likes

Soylent 2.0 is amazing! :smiley:

1 Like

It’s premixed. No worries about needing to add water.

1 Like

I also worked it out to about $12 a day (at 2000 calories per day).

I will add that I am personally happy about Soy as protein source rather than rice :slight_smile: