Soylent and high cholesterol

I have high cholesterol (160 LDL) and very much want to lower it and become healthier. I see Soylent as a great way to achieve this, I was just curious about the 65g of fat from olive oil. Would this be okay for someone who is trying to lower their bad cholesterol? I know exercise is equally important. I would like to follow a diet of 90% Soylent and only eat normal foods on select occasions for enjoyment, much like the creator.

Thanks for reading.

It would certainly be okay to start trying it in conjunction with regular screenings to ensure that it’s working.

Mayo Clinic lists Olive oil as one of the five best foods for cholesterol. Here is what they have on their site.

[quote]4. Olive oil

Olive oil contains a potent mix of antioxidants that can lower your “bad” (LDL) cholesterol but leave your “good” (HDL) cholesterol untouched.

Try using about 2 tablespoons (23 grams) of olive oil a day in place of other fats in your diet to get its heart-healthy benefits. To add olive oil to your diet, you can saute vegetables in it, add it to a marinade or mix it with vinegar as a salad dressing. You can also use olive oil as a substitute for butter when basting meat or as a dip for bread. Olive oil is high in calories, so don’t eat more than the recommended amount.

The cholesterol-lowering effects of olive oil are even greater if you choose extra-virgin olive oil, meaning the oil is less processed and contains more heart-healthy antioxidants. But keep in mind that “light” olive oils are usually more processed than extra-virgin or virgin olive oils and are lighter in color, not fat or calories.
[/quote]

Here is the link if you would like to check it out for yourself.

enter link description here

My LDL dropped from 165 to 88, but my HDL went from 48 to 30 which is troubling. I use a total of 30ml olive oil and 30 ml hemp oil total.

Althought this topic is old, it showed up in my feed. And march 12 is my date of birth, the day the previous post was made. So i want to actify it :slight_smile:

@ElCarnicero…Um dump the hemp oil?

We received a feedback from one of my customers, that Powdered foods reduce cholesterol:

“My own response to replacing breakfast and lunch with 100%[FOOD] showed an overall drop of cholesterol by 20mg/dl … about a 10% drop. I am a retired Physician Assistant in cardiothoracic surgery and although I am a sample ‘patient’ of one, I am fairly convinced that the change in this particular diet might really be related to the decrease in serum cholesterol. I would be interested to see if you think a study of your product, as relates to a cholesterol lowering effect, would be a good idea … especially in light of some studies showing some/most cholesterol lowering medications might have moderate to severe side effects. I have not seen your competition in any studies of the type and it would be fascinating to see if/how the numbers look with 100% sans medication.”

This thread showed up in my feed.

@ElCarnicero. How much salt is in your soylent? If it is less than the RDI then raise it (if you have normal blood pressure and not obese) for some days. Low salt reduces HDL. If salt is normal then look for oils that raise HDL but not LDL or those that raise HDL much more than they raise LDL and try using them.