Soylent and the Future of World Hunger

Medium article, Soylent and the Future of World Hunger

Edit: I know the article is two months old. But since it isn’t in a print publication, it wasn’t well distributed.

I posted since the subject matter is not covered in most mainstrem articles, and also because as far as reviewing the product itself, it calls out “me-first journalism” and clumps most of the early reviews as “predictable.”

Why is the latest date mentioned in this article early in 2014?

By encouraging a less wasteful style of consumption, selling Soylent indirectly affects world hunger, I would think.

One would expect organizations that deal with world hunger to be interested in Soylent, yes. Perhaps they are.

Older article, but still good.

Soylent is a great concept for helping with world hunger - but the hardest hit areas are poor countries/populations, so a much lower cost is imperative if it’s going to be a large & direct solution. Fortunately, greatly reducing cost is one of the main goals of Soylent, as evidenced by a few of their recent postings.

There are many parts of the world where people are struggling to get the food which leads to the starvation. Thus many of the NGO’s like mission humanitaire are taking great efforts to eradicate the problem by providing the food and help to the rural area people. One of my friends suggested to get more information here about different programs arranged to end the world hunger.