Soylent consistency and preparation instructions

I’ve received my starter kit and am impatiently awaiting the shipment of the actual Soylent. In the meantime, I have a queston about the different mixing instructions I’ve seen:

• 1 scoop Soylent, 1 scoop water (stamped on the scoop itself)
  • 1 scoop Soylent, 1.5 tsp. oil, 1.5 scoop water (on the website)
  • 1 pouch Soylent, fill rest of 2L pitcher with water, bottle of oil (on the website)
  • 1 pouch Soylent, 1 L water, bottle of oil (on the website)

Depending on the volume of a pouch of soylent and a bottle of oil, this is anywhere between two different Soylent:oil:water ratios and four different ratios. Why is there this inconsistency in the instructions? I’m fairly sure all of these would create a drinkable texture, somewhere between water and a thick milkshake, but I’m not sure what the actual consistency would be. What are the different consistencies for these different instructions?

My personal official Soylent experience

I haven’t received my Soylent yet, but feel the same way you do about the prep instructions. Even some of the people that posted video’s kind of went through the prep haphazardly. I guess I’m one of those people that likes the directions to be clear and concise.

Hope you get an answer to your question.

From my experience so far, I can’t imagine 1 scoop of water to 1 scoop Soylent. Seems like that would be way too thick to even consume, but I haven’t tried it. I add 3.25 Tbls of canola oil to a full pitcher of water and 1 bag of Soylent, and it’s the consistency of a fairly thin milkshake.

This is what I’ve been making my container prep assumptions off of: