Soylent gingerbread people cookies!

I finally got the recipe right for Soylent gingerbread people- just in time for Halloween! They are lightly sweet, tender to bite, and spicy delicious! I also look forward to sending out my mass Christmas gift this year (Gingerbread people and a bag of Soylent).

I intend to smooth out the odd proportions over a few more experiments, but the current recipe below does work great. Egg substitutes have always ruined my Soylent cookie tests until I started adding pure gluten. Silken Tofu was the best substitute, but real egg is unbeatable in taste, texture, and structure, and worked well without gluten in some different tests.

This was my first ever baking experiment, so critiques are appreciated!

Davjdag Soylent gingerbread people cookies recipe v01
Makes ~15

Dry ingredients:

• 1 bag Soylent 1.1
  • 5 tbsp vital wheat gluten
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • .5 tsp salt
  • 1.5 tsp ginger powder
  • .5 tsp cinnamon
  • .25 tsp ground cloves

Wet ingredients:

• .66c canola oil
  • .66c egg
  • .66c sugar
  • 3 tbsp molasses

Directions:

• Mix dry ingredients
  • Mix wet ingredients
  • Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly. The final mixture is very thick and sticky, so I strongly recommend using a mixer.
  • Refrigerate for at least 3 hours
  • Preheat oven to 350f
  • Sprinkle Soylent 1.1 over a clean, dry work surface. Place the dough there, and sprinkle Soylent over the dough.
  • Flatten the dough with a roller to 1/4 inch thick. Use a thin flexible tool to loosen the dough from the surface.
  • Cut into people shapes with a cookie cutter. The dough spreads out a lot during baking, reducing the shape’s definition. Compensate for this by stretching out the limbs and neck, and positioning the legs and arms apart.
  • Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Refrigerate dough that is waiting to be baked.
  • Bake for 10 minutes
  • Using a thin flexible tool, carefully separate the cookies from the cookie sheet while they’re still warm. Cooled cookies are too brittle to unstick without breaking. Greasing the pan might be a better option that I haven’t tried.
  • Enjoy!

Soylent Jello? Gelatin + Soylent 1.5 + textures/flavors

Finally, Soylent is people. Perfect. :smiley: