Soylent is now a throwback to my childhood - Flavor comments

Just got our boxes of nectar and cacao. Tasted nectar with my wife and it went like this:

Me: What…is that flavor
Wife: I know! Childhood…
Me: I can’t place it…
Wife: It’s…it’s…
Me: Arrrghhh
Wife: FRUITY PEBBLES
Me: YES!!!

Also, cacao tastes like cocoa pebbles. That combined with Honey Nut cheerios (regular flavor) makes we wonder where you guys are getting these flavor ideas.

Delicious though! Nice job.

I had the same experience when I first tasted Nectar. I was like “I know this flavor… what is it?” And then it hit me. lol

Big ditto here! As soon as I tasted it, I immediately recognized it! Weird, I hadn’t realized these were all so cereal-like.

I had the same kind of childhood flashbacks, but I think that it reminds me of these ice pops that I have only ever seen in New York City that come in Central American/Caribbean flavors. I think the flavor is either mamey or guanabana, but I can’t totally remember which flavor tastes like which. Here’s what the internet has to say about the flavors.

guanabana: “The flavour of the fruit has been described as a combination of strawberry and pineapple, with sour citrus flavour notes contrasting with an underlying creamy flavour reminiscent of coconut or banana.”

mamey: “The flavor is a combination of sweet potato and pumpkin with undertones of almond, chocolate, honey, and vanilla.”

Anyone else have this association?