Soylent is Returning to Canada!

Thats kind of my train of thought: either changing the branding for their Canadian production (ie: changing from “meal replacement” to “food replacement” (maybe even complete protein powder/drink?!) or similar, oooor they are having to actually change the formulation to fit CFIA specifications (I’m assuming they want to start off with the most desired products in order to get sales going at a higher rate).

Also got the email, but no updates after that and it’s been 3 weeks. Would be nice to know the approximate timeline. Still, it’s great news and I hope they bring back the powder, not just the bottled drinks!

1 Like

I would hope for both too, but it will depend if they have to reformulate it.

Reformulating requires a bunch of money, planning, suppliers, manufactory. It is much easier to do with the powder than with the RTD. So in theory if they had to; I would expect so see the powder available.

1 Like

Since we transitioned to a new site old accounts are no longer available. Regarding pricing, we’re starting from scratch and no one will be grandfathered in.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for the confirmation on that. I look forward to Soylent’s return to Canada.

Seeing a community member response on this is very encouraging. I haven’t gotten any emails like this, but since I lived near the border, I wound up having it shipped to me via a service, and so I long ago re-registered my account. I wonder if there is any way of getting added into this survey? As a Canadian who has still been consuming Soylent 2.0 regularly the past couple of years as a majority of my intake, my input may be of some value.

2 Likes

Predator mentioned above that the survey had closed when they tried to do it. :frowning:

Yeah, I figured posting this way, they could at least reach out in case they still wanted feedback, given my experience.
I’m really excited regardless, Soylent really has been a catalyst for positive change in how I approach and view food, health, and life in general. Having better access to it will be wonderful, as I have recently moved farther away from the border.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for commenting here, and especially for coming back to Canuckistan. I miss Soylent so much.

1 Like

Is there an ETA on this? I’d like to know when I should be aiming for to have all the food in my pantry eaten by.

3 Likes

No definite timeline but we are shooting for Q1 2020

8 Likes

Glad to see both the response and someone from the team more active in the forum.

Two questions:

• Are you reformulating Soylent or could we expect the same Soylent as in the US in Canada?
  • Is the team going to be more active in the forum from now on?
3 Likes

We don’t plan to reformulate our product for Canada. We’ll strive to be engage and answer all question where suitable on this forum as well as on reddit.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing @soylent_team ! As I’m sure this process is terribly bureaucratic, I won’t be holding my breath for any precise timelines.

But as someone who had a subscription in the past and dearly misses Soylent, hearing that Canada isn’t just being ignored makes me extremely hopeful! Thank you thank you thank you! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll be sure to toss you a few updoots over there.

Has anyone received information on the status here? The update page from Rob hasn’t been any help for the last two years, I’m a little surprised people were receiving this coming soon email.

@Conoristhattrue, see this comment from 24 days ago:

As just referenced by @deepriverfish in their comment (and per my reply to your comment in “What is Happening with Canadian Soylent?” thread):

@soylent_team advised on November 19th:

“No definite timeline but we are shooting for Q1 2020”

(https://discourse.soylent.com/t/soylent-is-returning-to-canada/29176/31)

It’s official!! Soylent has been approved to come back to Canada! In a short few months, we will be launching select Powder and Ready-to-Drink products. While we’re still ironing out the exact timing of re-entry, we are targeting an early-April ship date. We will have more details to share in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned via email newsletter (https://www.soylent.ca/) and our social channels. Thanks everyone for the patience and continued support!

From Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/soylent/comments/euy8bu/oh_canada/

6 Likes