"Soylent Isn't The Answer To Food, But It Brings Up Some Good Questions"

From Medical Daily: “Soylent Isn’t The Answer To Food, But It Brings Up Some Good Questions…I Ate Liquid Food For Two Weeks; Here’s What Happened

The author is actually pretty fair to Soylent and seems to be up-to-date on the versions and history of the product. They do raise some concerns, but in a much more objective and fair way than I have seen other authors do.

Good article, thanks.

"I didn’t mean to offend anybody. But, people seem a little offended.”(Rob) hmm… Really?

I get the whole “missing food” thing… A smell or a TV commercial can sometimes make me crave one solid food or another. Often by the time I’m grabbing the car keys to go fetch whatever solid food, I get the sense that a cup of Soylent would be just as satisfying… But I fight that impulse, drive out and get the solid food. The food is good, but not as great as I had imagined/remembered. Then when I get home I find it ultimately wasn’t as satisfying and I just crave another cup of Soylent. This process repeats for me several times a week… Like I feel obligated to go out and eat some of my old favorites.

Cool! I like how the article mentions “Schmoylent” in passing without elaboration. That’s a good sign. :wink:

I love Soylent, but pizza never disappoints me. :slight_smile:

Flawed premise. There is no “answer to food” because we need food, and Soylent is food. Conversely, it would be unfair to say that Soylent is THE solution to issues with nutrition, sustainability, obesity or accessibility, as there are myriad solutions to all of these. However, before Soylent you would be hard pressed to find them all in one bag.