Soylent now available on amazon launchpad

SOYLENT NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON LAUNCHPAD

Today, Soylent begins its participation in the Amazon Launchpad program – an initiative that makes it easy for startups to launch, market, and distribute their products to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers.

Amazon Launchpad has worked with leading venture capital firms, startup accelerators, and crowdfunding platforms to help more than 500 startups launch over 750 products in the U.S., U.K., and China. Through this program, Soylent can overcome many of the challenges associated with expanding our distribution and launching new products. Amazon’s retail expertise and infrastructure enhances our ability to drive awareness and deliver our products at unparalleled levels of reliability and efficiency.

“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of the Amazon Launchpad program,” said Rob Rhinehart, Soylent CEO and Founder. “We at Soylent have always been inspired by Amazon’s customer-centric business practices, and it is an honor to be selected for this unique and innovative program supporting entrepreneurs and startups.”

Soylent 2.0 12-pack cases are available at Amazon.com in the U.S. Soylent 2.0 is also eligible for free two-day shipping, Amazon Prime, and Amazon.com’s “Subscribe and Save” discount. To learn more about the Amazon Launchpad program, visit www.amazon.com/launchpad/signup, and to shop for Soylent at the Amazon Launchpad store click here.

One last thing - in order to launch on Amazon and provide more people with access to Soylent, we are reducing our subscription discount to match Amazon’s Subscribe & Save” discount of 5%. Fortunately, all existing subscribers will continue to receive a 15% discount for existing Soylent subscriptions started on Soylent.com.

When looking for Soylent on Amazon how do we differentiate between Soylent sold by RL and Soylent sold by some third party?

We are currently working with amazon to clear that up. The link in the above post will take you directly there. Best method is that our page has info and pictures about the company.

is there a way to up the number of boxes they will ship at one time? or just make like 8 subscriptions for 1 box?

And the prices go up! Thanks Rosa Labs… not only are you hiding behind the veneer of “lowering the discount” instead of just telling the truth that you’re raising prices you’re really holding up to your promise of lowering prices as you scale.

You’re better off doing 8 subscriptions for 1 box, because you need at least 5 subscriptions to unlock the biggest discount.

We have, we had a major price cut in the powder. However 2.0 and 1.5 are radically different products. The costs associated with each are different. Beyond that Amazon does take a share of the sale which is a big deciding point for the price change. While it’s not fun giving bad news this is a long term move for us to expand our reach to more people.

@Conor Will the powdered version be available on Amazon Launchpad? :relaxed:

He said they haven’t got any plans on r/soylent

We have no plans to put the powder on Amazon. Other products will be living there and on our our platform.

If anyone isn’t familiar with Amazon’s Subscribe & Save, there is a single delivery day each month. It’s not like Soylent.com where the subscription orders ship as fast as the normal orders (although they both have no penalty for cancelling, which is nice); instead of getting 2-day shipping (with Prime, at full product price), you have to wait a lot longer if you subscribe at Amazon. You can change your delivery date, but there are restrictions. For example, my normal delivery date is July 2nd, but the soonest I can change it to is June 20th (today’s date: June 11th).

That’s fine if you know exactly how much you want each month ahead of time, but for someone like me who orders more frequently it’s not ideal. I’d basically have to over-order from Amazon and keep a large backlog in the basement, instead of the few boxes I currently keep on hand.

So, does that mean Soylent will start shipping to the UK and China through Amazon? I’m in China now, and this would be great news. My stomach and bowels would be overjoyed.

Unfortunately no, we are working on international expansion and while amazon will help speed that up it’s not an instant process.

Can you tell us more about the process? Is it just complying with labeling and import laws once amazon takes care of the actual transporting, so throwing more people on the job would make it go faster? As an outsider looking in, it seems like international shipping should be pretty quick and straight forward.

Well we won’t just launch on amazon. We will have our own warehouses. The purpose of amazon is not to help us expand internationally. It is to help us hit customers outside our current base. We have to make sure our products comply with every single law of every EU nation. We don’t want to enter only to find out we have to back out. It seems simple enough but the regulatory hurdles are immense.

The speed up would just be due to increased revenue?

Surely the whole point of the EU single market is if you can sell in one country, you can sell in all?

[quote=“DafJ, post:17, topic:25603, full:true”]Surely the whole point of the EU single market is if you can sell in one country, you can sell in all?[/quote]Yes and no. There’s the overlaying EU law, but there’s also local country laws.

Similar to how the FDA covers most of the food laws, but you need to post the useless prop 65 warning to sell food in California. I’m sure other states also have specific requirements.

Also, the UK might leave, which can change things again.

Current status: "Item Under Review
This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it’s described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

Back on. Yissssssss!