Soylent now unavailable in Canada

I’ve only used one- In Out Parcel in Point Roberts. It’s $3.75 (box containing 2 Soylent boxes) or $10 (box containing 4).

Considering the amount of Soylent I typically order at a time, this would get pretty prohibitive…

That only adds 5% per box but if that’s prohibitive for you, okay. What is far more expensive for me personally is the cost of renting a car, and the value of my time. That basically wipes out my Saturday.

C, is there anyway of having a meter graphic showing where in production the new formula is currently at?

Waking hungry in the mornings and thinking everything is cool because Soylent powder doesn’t take that long to mix kind of sucks right now. :us::canada:

Here is a meter graphic:

.working on it…> still working on it…> ready!

V = “where in production the new formula is currently at”

Hope this helps! :smiley:

@peer, have you had any trouble with Canada Customs bringing it across the border? Any idea how much you could bring across at a time without incurring import duties and taxes?

No trouble. The first time was 5 boxes, worth $200 CAD. The second time was only 2 boxes but I also had some stuff from Amazon Subscribe&Save, total value about $275 CAD.

My understanding is that they normally wave you through if the value is less than about $250 CAD. If you do have to go in, you should just be charged tax, no duty, since it’s food.

On the first trip the guard did ask how long the 5 boxes would last me, and I said about a month. It’s possible they could flag it under GUI-0084 if it’s more than a 90-day supply.

If you’ve never done this before, it’s good to know that you should have all packages open and visible, and all shipping slips and receipts in hand. Since Soylent doesn’t include the latter in the box, you either want to print those out or have them on your phone. Then give your declaration in CAD.

Very useful, thanks!

From the reddit AMA ~an hour ago with RR and the new CEO dude:

[–]sonic_molson [score hidden] an hour ago

1. Updates on Canada?

[–]SoylentCEOVerified[S] [score hidden] an hour ago*

1. We have made really good progress - working on getting a TMAL authorization from the CFIA to re-launch in Canada is a top priority for the team. Unfortunately, the process is quite involved and time-consuming so we don’t have a date as of yet but we will keep everyone posted. - Bryan