Soylent Rewards Discussion

Hello folks,

I noticed that there was little discussion regarding the new Soylent Rewards system on the Soylent website. I am curious to see whether this addition will drive anyone to begin purchasing Soylent from the official website (rather than Amazon or retail).

Purchases on the Soylent website earn 1 point per dollar spent. Members also get 200 points on their birthdays, 100 points for account creation, and 25 points for social media engagement. 50, 100, and 150 points can be redeemed for $5, $10, and $15 dollars respectivly. Photos included for reference.

Suppose, for simplicity, that you purchase $100 dollars worth of materials from the Soylent website. This would earn you a total of 100 points. In turn, you could redeem these points for $10 credit on your next purchase. Thus, the point system should decrease the purchase cost of Soylent by 10% at a minimum (ignoring your $20 worth of credit each year from birthdays).

Unfortunatly, redeeming your points means that you cannot use other coupons for the order. Subscribers can, however, apply their rewards to existing subscriptions.

So, it seems to me that the best way to handle the new point system will be to apply coupons to orders wherever possible and then to use your points when coupons are unavaliable.

For myself, this is a welcome addition. What are your thoughts?

I think it’s a great idea. I had noticed it, and I don’t know how to redeem the points as a subscriber. Good find; this is worth figuring out.

I just redeemed 150 points for $15 off my subscription. It is a bit confusing. I clicked on the $15 box on My Rewards, then copied the code that appeared. Then I pasted it in the Apply Discount area of the Manage Subscriptions page.

Do you automatically accumulate points on existing subscriptions? This is all new info to me; Soylent never notified existing customers about this AFAIK.

I can confirm that my own subscriptions added points to my account.

Worked for me as well. Note that you can only apply one coupon at a time and you have to do it manually each month. I can live with that. :slight_smile: